Thread: Unwanted Split

Default Unwanted Split

Hi Cheryl. I seem to have the opposite of the problem Scubasa 1 has.

Globus has a song, "Elegy" that is 7:24 long. At 6:16, there is a period of silence and then it picks up and plays an additional :57. MR splits "Elegy" into 2 "Unknown" tracks. What setting do I adjust to make it record as one complete song?

Thanks.

Default Re: Unwanted Split

Bump.

Same problem with Mozart's "Requiem" except you end up with 3 'Unknown' tracks.

Smile Re: Unwanted Split

Hi mate,
    For tracks that have a gap or silence in the middle I adjust the default time in milliseconds to a larger number, I just randonly choose 3000 and this usually works, once the track recorded I adjust it back to 300.
    Replay music relies on Silences to split tracks, so increasing the time to a larger number means it allows a larger silence. The downside to this is if an advert plays straight after. If only for one tracj, use the Split Now Button of the main interface of Replay Music.
    You have to be careful of an advert at the end so manually split at the end.
    Hope this helps, let me know how you get on.
    Scubasa1

Thanks, I've done that and am waiting for the song to come up. I subscribe and scrobble Last.fm so I don't get adverts. I'll have to watch to make sure 2 songs don't get merged though. Problem is, listening to my own playlist of artists and genres I've added, I never know when a particular song will pop up. Last is always playing artists similar to those I've added to my list so the selection grows.

Hi Shalako,
    How did you get on?

I have a yearly subscription.

Lightbulb Re: Unwanted Split

I meant how did you get on with the recording setup? Have you solved the problem now?
    Cheers :-)

Ooops! Sometimes I forget the international connection and that not only can words be spelled differently, phrases and syntax can mean different things too.

With 2,124 artists in my Last.fm Playlist, it takes a while for certain songs to play. I think the rotation is based on how popular a song, or even an artist, is among the millions of Last listeners. The troublesome songs will work their way back into the rotation eventually, I'm sure and I can then see how the adjustment to milliseconds has gone, I do know I had to reduce from 3000 to 2750 because 2 separate songs merged.

If I get it worked out, I'll let you know. Pity there isn't a silent data code to signify the end of a song instead of just plain silence.