Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: May 2012 Latest software update has partially disabled RMC

Default Re: May 2012 Latest software update has partially disabled RMC

If the latest version is buggy and causing these problems, then Applian really should make the older version (which worked) available again for download, so we users can get on with business as usual while they work on the problem

If this continues much longer, I will lose my window of opportunity to download some content from my usual sites
    Last edited by Jeff Lenney; 05-15-2012 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Deleting custom font size and color

The Replay Media Catcher version 4.4.1 is available on this Applian website: http://applian.com/replay-media-catcher/demo.php

Quote Originally Posted by sydcarten View Post

Following that update I have discovered a partial loss of function which pretty much ends the usefulness of RMC for me, unless it can be fixed.

Now, when a video is preceded by an advertisement RMC captures the advertisement but does not capture the video which follows.

Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a solution?

regards

sydcarten
    Yes, I experienced exactly the same issue. Reverted back to 4.4.1, which works correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Think I just found the problem...I went to settings then download settings then changed Minimum Download Size (thinking it was Maximum Download size) to 1024KB then Max Download Time to 60 minutes...then unchecked "Stop multiple downloads of the same video from You Tube". Don't know which of these fixed my problem but now I can record without having to hit the reload url button (ie: starting the video over) more than once. I usually want to record something better than the 360 flv, choosing at least 720 mp4 and I have to endure deleting the 360 flv as soon as I get 720 mp4 to start to record. Now, I'm back to recording the way I did before...very happy about that. I will play around with the settings again to see what was causing the problem. I don't think it was the minimum download size or Max download time.
    Hoot ... I too, have been experiencing the same (youtube) problem for several weeks. Have changed max/min (& other) settings to no avail. I have RMC versions 3&4 - both are experiencing same issues. The problem appears to be related with youtube. RMC doesn't work when viewing directly from youtube ... but is ok when viewing youtube from a 3rd-party site.

OK, I have reinstalled an older version I found on my hard drive, and this has restored full functionality for me.

Doesn't say much about the latest version though, does it?