Thread: groove3.com videos no longer downloading - just blank video file

Default groove3.com videos no longer downloading - just blank video file

Hi Guys,
    Hope you can work on this. I upgraded to the latest version of MC4 and now all the videos I download from groove3.com are blank.
    I didn't test today before upgrading to be sure it's this update, but it was working fine a week ago. I've got it set to 1 segment and 1 max download at a time.
    Not sure how to download prior versions to reinstall and try again. Can someone share how to download the prior versions in the meantime while this is being looked at?
    They have a free trial. I hope the techs at Applian can perform some actual download tests to correct this.
    Thanks.

Update: I found the previous versions on the site. Had to scroll down. Hard to see. I can understand why some users never see them as the page auto downloads the current version. I suggest Applian makes this page clearer. Anyway, tried the prior x64 version just now with no luck. So really hope Applian takes a few minutes to test out groove3 for me and determines what's broken.
    Thanks again.
    Last edited by KMA; 05-12-2012 at 01:24 PM.

Default Re: groove3.com videos no longer downloading - just blank video file

Hi KMA

Can you please submit a ticket to tech support for this one? There are a few items of information we need that would be better handled via a ticket

Thank you kindly,
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

I think this is similar to nbc.com. They upgraded something on their end.

I'm interested on that since I've tested today, july 1st, with the trial version and its not working anymore (tried last friday and worked!).

It saves a file with the right filesize and always named "Learn Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Ableton Live and more - Training and Tutorial Videos.mp4" but is blank and it also takes just one second to save it.

Any tips? Ideas?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by remoto View Post
    I'm interested on that since I've tested today, july 1st, with the trial version and its not working anymore (tried last friday and worked!).

It saves a file with the right filesize and always named "Learn Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Ableton Live and more - Training and Tutorial Videos.mp4" but is blank and it also takes just one second to save it.

Any tips? Ideas?

Thanks in advance
    Specifically, Can you please provide me with the URL of the audio or video you're trying to record, so I can trouble shoot the issue?
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support

Hi Jeff, it seems this is not an easy task If you download the free videos it will work, but If you are registered then you cant download anything.
    Lets say you go to the main page, then in Training Vidoes choose Ableton Live, then Ableton Live Explained Vol 1, then the video Creating MIDI clips (up in the page and it has a green arrow) wich is the free video for that title.

RMC will download sucessfully an MP4 file (although the title refers to something like "download.php.mp4" or something like this.

Now, if you login with user/pass on the site (this is why we want to use RMC, to download the "not free" videos for we have paid for), then it wont work.

It creates a file named like the title of the main page: "Learn Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Ableton Live and more - Training and Tutorial Videos.mp4" and it creates it with apparently the right size (around 50Mb) but it is empty, you can see that because it creates it in 1 second, and there is no way that 50Mb got downloaded so fast, at least in my end Also if you try to play it, it doesnt work. I bet is full of 0s, I can zip it and send it over for inspection if you like.

I'm afraid that to successfully pinpoint this issue a valid user/pass is required. I've tried, like others, RMC with the free videos thinking that it will be the same with the "not free"... but is not, it doesnt work. Other products (i.e.: GetFLV) which claims to do the same also failed, if RMC fixes this will be THE ONLY product capable of this

Regarding my "tried last friday and it worked" in my last post this is not entirely true, it worked with the FREE videos, then I became a member and it doesnt work with those files, if you want some log file to be sned just tell me how I created that (remember Im on a trial version of RMC but I've heard that registered users have the same problem).

Its not a big deal since you can watch the videos online as many times you like, Groove3 provides an excellent service but I really prefer to download them so I can watch them on my cell phone and not wasting bandwidth, which Im also charged for. I must really pay attention on whats being said beucase a simple replay cost me more money

Thanks in advance, Jeff.

Cool Re: groove3.com videos no longer downloading - just blank video file

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post
    Specifically, Can you please provide me with the URL of the audio or video you're trying to record, so I can trouble shoot the issue?
    Hi Jeff, is there anything I can do for you? Is there any LOG file produced by RMC? I can send you the file that RMC captures or save the whole screen to see whats happening for yourself, just tell me how can I help you to fix this, if others copy this protection scheme soon, RMC will stop to "catch" everything

Quote Originally Posted by remoto View Post
    Hi Jeff, is there anything I can do for you? Is there any LOG file produced by RMC? I can send you the file that RMC captures or save the whole screen to see whats happening for yourself, just tell me how can I help you to fix this, if others copy this protection scheme soon, RMC will stop to "catch" everything
    Hi Remoto - thanks for this offer and yes please, if you don't mind can you submit a ticket to tech support please so we can get your log file and take a look

Thanks
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support

Hi guys
    Has this downloading problem been fixed?
    I'm interested in buying a subscription with Groove3, but of course I would like to be able to download the videos.
    Can someone who has a subscription let me know if it is working or not please?
    Thanks very much.