Thread: Why is youtube delivering files in 2mb size instead of the whole 50mb. Unable to down

Default Why is youtube delivering files in 2mb size instead of the whole 50mb. Unable to down

I am a big user of Replay Media catcher 4 and I use it to download legal free videos of youtube for offline watching as well as to avoid buffering. I use it to transfer files to my android device and watch it on as well.
    The 15 minute videos that gets legally uploaded by news sites (eg: below) use to download properly as a single 50mb file until few days ago. Nowadays when I have replay media catcher open in recording mode and open a youtube video its downloading several pieces of file in the size of 1.6 mb or 2.3mb (10 files or 15 files total for just one video).
    This pretty much makes offline viewing impossible and useless as I am not getting the whole 15 minute file.
    Some days i get the file as a whole.
    Is youtube delivering the video files as pieces to reduce bandwidth?
    How do I get the file as a whole? Is there a workaround?
    Please help me in downloading the file as a whole. Thanks in advance

Here the URL of which I am trying to download the video. Please help me in downloading as a whole file. Thanks in advance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIQdIAiKg-o

Default Re: Why is youtube delivering files in 2mb size instead of the whole 50mb. Unable to down

Hi Enggr

That's quite strange - Please un-install ALL versions of Replay Media Catcher from your PC.

Once this is done, reboot your PC (this is important) and re-install the LATEST version of RMC from here: http://applian.com/replay-media-catcher/demo.php

Let me know how it goes! :-)
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default Re: Why is youtube delivering files in 2mb size instead of the whole 50mb. Unable to down

Hi enggr, just out of curiousity, what build number is this?

enggr, if it helps, you are not the only person experiencing this issue. I'm presently using RMC 4.4.1 and have the issue as well. From other threads on this topic, it appears that this may be caused by a recent YouTube change.

This issue was fixed with the latest version 4.4.2 - please download it and upgrade at your convenience
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post
    This issue was fixed with the latest version 4.4.2 - please download it and upgrade at your convenience
    Sorry Jeff, but I just upgraded to 4.4.2 and still have the 1.7MB problem with YouTube downloads. I created a log file, if you want to see it I can create a "bug" ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartontb View Post
    Sorry Jeff, but I just upgraded to 4.4.2 and still have the 1.7MB problem with YouTube downloads. I created a log file, if you want to see it I can create a "bug" ticket.
    Hi Barton

Please submit a ticket with this log file if you have not yet so we can look at it.

Thanks!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support

Uninstall and try downloading new version from here:
    http://applian.com/download-videos/