Thread: Freecorder does not work with firefox 3

Default Freecorder does not work with firefox 3

Hi there,

I have been using freecorder on firefox for quite some time and had no issues. Recently I tried using it to record a youtube audio and it did not work. The recorder window opens and all is fine but when i say record, I don't see the audio graph which indicates that the sound is been picked up for the sound card. When I stop recording, it gives out the file and when I play, nothing is heard I started using Freecorder when FF hasn't yet released Version 3.

I use a HP laptop with Windows XP SP2.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    Purush

Quote Originally Posted by purush_79 View Post
    Hi there,

I have been using freecorder on firefox for quite some time and had no issues. Recently I tried using it to record a youtube audio and it did not work. The recorder window opens and all is fine but when i say record, I don't see the audio graph which indicates that the sound is been picked up for the sound card. When I stop recording, it gives out the file and when I play, nothing is heard I started using Freecorder when FF hasn't yet released Version 3.

I use a HP laptop with Windows XP SP2.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    Purush
    Freecorder is compatible with version 3 of Firefox. Reinstall from our website to make sure you have the latest version of the toolbar. Make sure you are clicking record BEFORE playing the audio you want to record.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default does not help either

I tried downloading the latest version of freecorder and install it. It doesn't work...

I've had the same issue for some time now, only I use a desktop. I was just going and using IE to use Freecorder, but I don't much care for IE. So I decided to doing something about it today. I removed all of Freecorder, toolbar & app, shut down, restarted, then reinstall. I have Win XP w/ SP3, Compaq AMD 1.80 GHz, 960MB RAM desktop, FF 3.0.3 & IE 7.0.5730.11.

And it worked!

But at first it didn't seem to. When I tried to record in MP3 mode, nothing, but in WAV it did it. Then I tried again in MP3, and it worked.

Odd huh?
    Last edited by DJFreekSh0w; 10-26-2008 at 10:51 AM.

Tasha,

Freecorder toolbar used to work with Firefox 2.x. Once I got Firefox 3.0.3, the Freecorder toolbar does not show the icons when activated from "view->toolbars" menu. I get a new toolbar in the browser which just has ">>" on the left hand side but none of the Freecorder icons.

I exited firefox, installed the latest Freecorder Toolbar, but still see the same symptoms.
    I am running Window Vista on HP dv6000 laptop.

Thanks.

I have the same problem with Firefox. One solution I've found is to turn on the Freecorder toolbar (the toolbar with ">>" on it should be visible), then change your current theme to something else. That should prompt you to restart Firefox so do that. The entire toolbar should be visible after Firefox restarts. If you leave the toolbar on and change back to your previous theme the toolbar should still stick around. However, if you disable the toolbar from View->Toolbars, you will have this problem again.