Thread: How to I get this to work?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How to I get this to work?

I am trying to learn how to use Replay Video Capture. However, when I press the "record" button, I only see "Initialize recording..." appear in both green windows. The video does not start to record no matter what I do in the window I am trying to record (stop it, refresh it, etc.) I have a Vista computer, and have tried recording from Windows Media Player, vlc and itunes windows. None work.

Quote Originally Posted by rrw1 View Post
    I am trying to learn how to use Replay Video Capture. However, when I press the "record" button, I only see "Initialize recording..." appear in both green windows. The video does not start to record no matter what I do in the window I am trying to record (stop it, refresh it, etc.) I have a Vista computer, and have tried recording from Windows Media Player, vlc and itunes windows. None work.
    You must enter a url link of the video link you're playing in Replay Video Capture.

Mathew - I am pretty sure that what you say is not correct. Replay Video Capture is meant to work like the old Replay Screencast. There is no place for entering a URL. Have you tried Replay Video Capture yourself? Is is a new product. See

http://www.applian.com/replay-video-capture/index.php

Mathew - I am pretty sure that what you say is not correct. Replay Video Capture is meant to work like the old Replay Screencast. There is no place for entering a URL. Have you tried Replay Video Capture yourself? Is is a new product. See

http://www.applian.com/replay-video-capture/index.php
    My apologies...for the confusion I did try the program but, it has a very similar resemblance to WM Recorder...anyhow, you're trying to record from Windows Media Player...first, you need to specify the window your trying to record...when Replay Video Capture has loaded go to and click "Get Window" and, specify what windows you wanna start recording from...if you start recording without doing this it will record the whole screen...if this still does not solve your issue...try installing more computer memory & installing a video card with at least with 256 MB of video ram. Now, if your intention is to strip DRM from iTunes Video files .m4v I would highly recommend trying Tunebite...its not from Replay but, overall a app that works very well to remove DRM in video and, audio as well...Tunebite overview Trial
    Last edited by MatthewC1000; 10-16-2008 at 04:14 AM.

Matthew: I am doing all you say. I have a Intel Q6600 processor, 4GB memory and a nVidia 8800GT video card. But the program still does not work. My computer should be plenty powerful, should it not? I know of Tunebite. My impression is that Applian are offering Replay Video Capture as a competing product with similar functionality.

Matthew: I am doing all you say. I have a Intel Q6600 processor, 4GB memory and a nVidia 8800GT video card. But the program still does not work. My computer should be plenty powerful, should it not? I know of Tunebite. My impression is that Applian are offering Replay Video Capture as a competing product with similar functionality.
    It appears your PC is configured for optimal performance, so, what I would do is contact Applian and, Create a NEW Ticket with your issue. Applian Support
    and, click on "General Inquiries" for further help.

I also have a quad core vista system, nvidia 8800gt, and was able to get the capture to work by deselecting the "Use Vista Audio Recording" option. I also had to enable my 'stereo mix' in vista sound recording options. Line in was the only option until I made the change. I use Realtek HD onboard audio. Hope this helps