Thread: After conversion, video and audio start sync'd and go out-of-sync 10 mins later

Default After conversion, video and audio start sync'd and go out-of-sync 10 mins later

I've looked through the threads but didn't see an answer to this problem. On my PC (Win XP Pro) I used PlayLater to stream from Amazon Prime and Netflix videos, and created .plv files. I played a sample video in Windows Media Player; the video looked great, and the video and audio stayed in sync. I then ran Replay Converter 4 to convert the sample file to MPEG-4 High Quality(1024 Kbps). After about 10 minutes the audio lagged from the video and they were out of sync for the remainder of the video.

All videos I've converted with Replay Converter had the audio go out of sync after about 10 minutes. I tried running the video on the PC and the BB PlayBook and got the same out-of-sync results, so it's not the video player. Video settings: Frame Size = 1024x600, Frame Rate = 30, Bitrate = 1024; Audio settings: Frequency = 44100, Channels = Stereo, Bitrate = 128, Volume = 5; No other boxes on Format window are checked.

What can be done to ensure that the video and audio stay in sync after conversion? I know this has happened with others under the same scenario; I've seen this question before in another forum. Thanks for any help!

Default Re: After conversion, video and audio start sync'd and go out-of-sync 10 mins later

Load the file and right mouse click it. Select Troubleshoot and you will see an area where you can make adjustments in the video and audio sync. Each file is different so you will need to experiment.

Default Re: After conversion, video and audio start sync'd and go out-of-sync 10 mins later

Thank you for replying so quickly. Can you be more specific about in what way to make adjustments? I'm not trained in this area and basically thought I would just press a button and Replay Converter would work. I'm happy to experiment but need a little more guidance.

http://applian.com/faq-pro/index.php...05&id=35&lang=
    The above should also help. Each computer is different and each file is different. What works for one doesn't always work for the other. If this doesn't work then you would want to try the re-sync video with a + or - time

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    Load the file and right mouse click it. Select Troubleshoot and you will see an area where you can make adjustments in the video and audio sync. Each file is different so you will need to experiment.
    Does this function works automatically? I mean does it fixes problems by choosing the Troubleshoot option?

Quote Originally Posted by keiooz View Post
    Does this function works automatically? I mean does it fixes problems by choosing the Troubleshoot option?
    Usually, yes. :-)
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

The Troubleshoot option might not work because the .plv files are DRM'd. I have fixed out of sync conditions before, if you encode to .mp4 (.264) with AAC audio, you can bring the file into a program called mkvmerge to create an .mkv file. With this tool you can adjust the "Stretch by" setting on the audio to match video, it's very fast and does not re-encode the file. It takes a few tries, I usually adjust by only 1.0003 for a 2 hour movie, ymmv. Then I use Xmedia Recode on the sync'd mkv file to convert back to an mp4 - using "Copy" on both the video and the audio tracks - within 5 to 10 minutes I have an mp4 file that is perfectly in sync. I know this sounds like a lot of steps, but it works, and after trying many things, it is the fastest way to do it that I have found. Good luck.

I know a Step-by-Step Guide to Fix Audio Video Out of Sync after Conversion.

This resolution works for:

Source video files with audio and video are correctly synced but out of sync after conversion. The resolution will not work if the audio and video of your source files do not match.
    Audio lags behind of video when using the trim, merge features of Bigasoft Converter or converters from other brand.
    Audio and video do not match after conversion using converters of other brand like the free VLC, MPEG Steam.

Find it by google search "How to Fix Audio Video Out of Sync Issue after Conversion, Trimming and Merging?"

i was looking for help on this sync issue as well and i kept trying to fix it myself.
    i selected a diff conversion , i use " flv mp3 with 320x240 and it work out ok,
    man i hate the nellymouser and speex codecs they use with this program