Thread: Freecorder: Why does it not record every video off youtube?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Freecorder: Why does it not record every video off youtube?

I was watching a Billy Connolly series of videos off youtube and it recorded parts 1 to 5 and part 7 just fine but won't record part 6. They were uploaded obviously by the same person and all videos are the same video and audio type so I don't understand why freecorder refused to record part 6 but had no problem all of the other parts. I refreshed the page quite a few times and still it won't record part 6. I have Freecorder 5, 5.11.

Default Re: Freecorder: Why does it not record every video off youtube?

Can you please provide me with the URL of the audio or video you're trying to record, so I can trouble shoot the issue?
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Sure no problem. Apparently there are 12 parts to the video series of Billy Connolly and I noticed that it did the same thing to at least two other parts as well. Here is the link to part 6 though (it still won't copy this video):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LCfhxmkOog

Hi Gram

I was able to record that just fine, though it did record as a webm file using Replay Media Catcher (which youtube is SOMETIMES using). Give it a shot, you can record youtube videos for free with it

ALSO, i'm transferring this ticket to the correct forum

Thanks!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Well it still won't for me but it will record most of the other videos in the series of videos. Part 6 just won't record. I can however, click on the "Download videos off youtube" button on the Toolbar itself so this isn't a major problem for me. But when activating Freecorder itself and leave it sit on my desktop where it normally catches a good 90% of the videos I watch on youtube, it did not automatically record Part 6 and at least 2 other parts of that Billy Connolly series of videos. I just thought I'd bring this to your attention. And I don't have the Replay Media Catcher installed at the moment.

Hi, I have encountered a similar problem on some youtube videos, the only way i could find to get around this is to use a different programme to download these videos (not as convienient as I have to launce a separate programme).
    Last edited by wildchild_pt; 05-18-2012 at 07:34 AM.