Thread: Where can I download version 4.2?

Default Where can I download version 4.2?

I am a paid customer and my work PC has just recently been re-imaged. In the process, of course, I lost my installation of RVC. When I went to Applian.com and downloaded the latest version, it has begun prompting me to upgrade to version 5. My current registration code is not being honored by it.

What I'm wondering is where can I download version 4.2 of RVC. The newer version doesn't offer enough of value for me to want to upgrade. I just want to continue using the version I purchased the license for. But it appears Applian has very effectively removed all copies of all previous versions from all the online download sites, including cnet, download.com, tucows, filehippo, and, of course, applian.com.

Version 4 of RVC is completely adequate for my needs. Certainly it's a bit quirky, but once I got used to that, it's proven very useful for me. I tried out Version 5 -- it's still quirky, seems to have picked a few new bugs (as evidenced by many of the comments here in this forum), and as I said above, doesn't offer enough improvements and new features to motivate me to want to pay for the upgrade. Besides that, it doesn't seem to run as well on my old XP PRO SP3 machine as version 4.2 did.

I would appreciate any help anyone can give.

Default Re: Where can I download version 4.2?

The older version is on the bottom of the download page for Replay Video Capture. It is not hidden at all. Thanks.