Thread: Can I play a video and have Replay Media Catcher read it?

Unhappy Can I play a video and have Replay Media Catcher read it?

I have some AVI files that I simply cannot get any program to convert for me. When Replay MC reads and converts a streaming video, I get a nice small .mp4 file. I cant upload my files to Youtube because they're too big. I've tried a dozen different programs including Replay Media Converter. They just dont work and I always end up with some error.

So....again, what I want to do is play an AVI file and have Replay Media Catcher read it while its playing and then convert it just like it does for internet streaming video.

Thanks for any advise!!!

PP

Default Re: Can I play a video and have Replay Media Catcher read it?

Can you please provide me with the URL of the audio or video you're trying to record, so I can trouble shoot the issue?

Also, what file format EXACTLY are you trying to convert to? When you try to convert with Replay Media Catcher, what error message EXACTLY do you get?

The more details the better - thank you
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default Re: Can I play a video and have Replay Media Catcher read it?

Quote Originally Posted by provenprogram View Post
    I have some AVI files that I simply cannot get any program to convert for me. When Replay MC reads and converts a streaming video, I get a nice small .mp4 file. I cant upload my files to Youtube because they're too big. I've tried a dozen different programs including Replay Media Converter. They just dont work and I always end up with some error.

So....again, what I want to do is play an AVI file and have Replay Media Catcher read it while its playing and then convert it just like it does for internet streaming video.

Thanks for any advise!!!

PP
    I see the problem I think.
    Open your player and open Replay Video Capture. Set RVC to record the screen player; play the file and record via RVC.
    Hope I read you right and this helps.