Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replay Music 4 not splitting tracks in Spotify

Default Re: Replay Music 4 not splitting tracks in Spotify

If you go to the your system Drive in My Computer (XP) or Computer (Windows 7) and then to Programme Files (X86 on 64 bit Windows 7), you then go to the Replay Music Folder, in there you will find the silence MP3. You can copy and paste it to the most convenient place on your PC/Drive.
    To insert inbetween tracks on spotify just hold down your left button on your mouse and drag from the place you saved it on your PC to the Spotify window and inbetween the tracks you are listening to.
    It will automatically place a Silence file of 5 seconds inbetween the tracks.
    Also ensure that you have Gapless recording set in Spotify, go to Edit at the top and select Preferences in Spotify.
    Hope this helps.
    Steve :-)

Thanks very much for the help, Scubasa1. I didn´t know that the program came with this silence mp3. Must be the best 20 dollars i have spent in a long time!!
    But maybe there´s still some tracks that skips the first milli-second....But it is better now. May i ask you one more question?? How are your settings in Replay Music?? I have set the volume level cut-off down to 43, and the minimum of miliseconds of silence between tracks to 50. I don´t know what happens if i set them both to 0, but i would really appreciate to hear your opinion.
    Thanks again very much.

Hiya Fredolin,
    It is really what works with your system and what you are recording.
    I have my milliseconds at 1000 so gaps in songs are not missed, but the silences are still there at the end of tracks by placing the silence MP3 between tracks as I suggested.
    I have the cutoff at 500, the default, but I pay for Spotify now so no adverts, what a great difference too.
    Don't forget to set the play with gapless playback to off in the Spotify preferences.
    I have experimented and found these settings the best for me and Replay Music 5.
    When I had version 4 I used to just use the defaults Applian suggested with 60 seconds to cut off adverts watching ofr any songs in the tracklisting that was less than 60.
    If you require any further help Cheryl or Jeff from Applian should be able to help you.
    :-)

I have been an Applian customer for I believe at least a decade. Was having the same problems as others with Spotify and I very much wanted RM4 to work because Spotify has been getting CDs that are hard to find much more quickly than other music services - at least most of the time. Anyway, by unchecking the "gapless" playback feature and inserting the 5 seconds of silence, all tracks record and split now. Also disabled the Spotify 'feature' to even out volume levels for all songs - there is enough digital manipulation already (in my opinion) and I don't understand the desire to have all music play back at the same volume. But that's another subject.

Oh yeah - and pay for the service. Who wants commercials?

I just purchased Replay Music and tried to download the Lumineers album on Spotify. At first I tried autotagging and the songs didn't all record properlye.g. a song that was 2;36 minutes would record as a unrecognized song of 1;50 and another unrecognized song of 46 seconds. Some songs got tagged and others did not or were split. I visited the forum and followed some suggestiondlike turning off autotagging but the songs still got split and would not tag manually. I also tried putting the silence.mpc in between tracks on a playlist but again songs were split up. Does anyone have any other suggestions. I had high hopes for this program.

Adjust the milliseconds of silence. Also, do a fresh boot of your computer prior to recording and limit your use.