Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Replay A/V product discontinued?

Default Replay A/V product discontinued?

I was very disappointed to read Applian has discontinued Replay A/V. I've been using A/V for several years now and love it's functionality. Replay Music just doesn't cut it; does not support scheduled recordings, etc. I plan to keep using A/V 8.83B for many moons to come; guess there will be no further releases or upgrades to an excellent product. I just don't get why it would be discontinued.

Default Re: Replay A/V product discontinued?

Quote Originally Posted by Maine63 View Post
    I was very disappointed to read Applian has discontinued Replay A/V.
    I admit I am surprised, but not particularly disappointed. Replay A/V was pretty much a one-trick pony; it recorded XM and Sirius streams when nothing else could. It was a lousy podcast client, freeware products can handle writing Shoutcast streams to hard drive much more handily (and using Scheduled Tasks, on a scheduled basis - heck, I have cronjobs set up on a linux box recording a buttload of MP3 streams around the Net), other products are (IMHO) better at recording speaker-output under Windows, so there really isn't much of a place for Replay A/V now that it can't deal (legally, anyway) with SatRad streams.

Still, it would have been nice to have Applian post a sticky about it, instead of having the reference buried deep in another thread. But this will at least give me the push I needed to switch my daily The Bob Edwards Show recordings to another solution dealing with the current streams instead of the kludge of recording the legacy streams, finally dumping Replay A/V completely. Funny that I bought the entire Recording Suite, and have only used one other of the programs twice, and never even bothered to install the other ones.

Any sugestions about a program to use instead of RAV, which has a scheduling function built in?

We are still supporting the program. We are also working on a new program for audio recording that by all reports is amazing. We hope to release it prior to the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by ravuser View Post
    Any sugestions about a program to use instead of RAV, which has a scheduling function built in?
    It would be kinda rude to use the Applian support forums to point to non-Applian products, even freeware. I would mention that you already have a scheduler built-in to Windows (Windows7 is really flexible, where XP is a little less-so), and web searches would point to other similar products both commercial and freeware.

Also keep an eye on one of the current legacy-stream work-arounds for an announcement of a public beta, especially this morning with the legacy stream-issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    We are still supporting the program. We are also working on a new program for audio recording that by all reports is amazing. We hope to release it prior to the summer.
    I'm glad you guys are supporting it still and look forward to a new product.

Luckily my favorite station still has a stream with shoutcast technology that I use replay a/v for as most other stations replay a/v really stopped working with. (capture using stream, not audio from speakers)

I hope this new product can't handle all these new advanced streaming formats that most radio stations are using and would allow capture from stream for most.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    I was very surprised to see that this program is discontinued. For those of us who have invested in this program, I'm disappointed in this and it is interesting that a "new program" is being developed to replace it. Are there any plans for this new program to be discounted or free to the us Replay A/V owners?

I have not received any information regarding that at this time. Our prices are always amazing so I'm sure you will be happy.

Unhappy Re: Replay A/V product discontinued?

I just upgraded my Replay Capture Suite and was shocked to see that Replay A/V was no longer there. The original Replay Radio is the only reason I purchased this software / upgrades over the years and I was looking forward to seeing what new bells and whistles would be added to Replay A/V. Guess I should have frequented the forums more often. :-(

This long-time customer is very, very disappointed.

I love this software and was shocked to find out it's been discontinued. It does more than just record satellite radio. You could request that ANY online station, even Live365 stations, be added to the directory. I depend on this software to record my live online radio shows so that they can be rebroadcast.

I hope when the new software comes out that it really is better than Replay A/V, and I believe it should be given to loyal Replay A/V users for free, or at the very least at a VERY substantial discount for loyalty to Applian.