Thread: Replay crashes when converting 30+ min tracks

Default Replay crashes when converting 30+ min tracks

I'm recording symphonies and anything above about 30 min. and replay crashes when it is converting the file. Also at times the display blanks out and I can not edit the tracks. The group edit still works but the long dialog box that is displayed when editing a single track only has a border and no functions contained within. The meter bar is also very unreliable in the new version.

Default Re: Replay crashes when converting 30+ min tracks

Can you please provide me with the URL of the audio or video you're trying to record, so I can trouble shoot the issue? Also, what file type are you converting TO, please?

Thanks
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

As for a URL spotify doesn't diplay it's url but Aaron Copland's Appalachian spring at 35:51 crashes when converting but Prokofiev's Peter and The wolf at 27:14 does not. I also try to record Benny Benassi's radio mix at http://www.bennybenassi.com/radio. If I split at 30 min. the two halves convert fine but not the whole program. Replay crashes in this way even on a fresh boot with only spotify and replay running.

Oh and by the way I LOVE your product even with the frustrating quirks. I have a 130 gb library completely from replay music.
    Last edited by Jer; 02-09-2012 at 09:38 AM.

If you are recording without splitting into songs it could be that you are trying to do more audio recording then your system can handle. It is very power intensive to record audio. If that is not the case please contact tech support as details and a log file will be needed. Thanks.

I have been having this problem as well - if you look in your replay music folder you will will probably have the larger wav file that was created before the program crashed, when this happens I import the wav file into audacity then convert it to an mp3 file, a bit long winded but it's a workaround for the time being.

A question for the teckies - why doesn't RM recognise the wav file and allow it to be imported back and then converted to an mp3 ?