Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Replay Media Catcher is not capturing YouTube videos

Default Re: Replay Media Catcher is not capturing YouTube videos

Like other users, I get multiple 1.7MB files when trying to record from YouTube. Using IE 9 and RMC 4.4.1.

I have the same problem recording from YouTube - get multiple 1.7MB recordings. Using IE9 and RMC 4.4.1

"An error occurred. Please try again later." I have been getting this a lot...almost all the time now...when trying to record a file from youtube. The problems seemed to start after upgrading to 4.2.2.0...that is the version of armcp.exe and it is 68.3kb.
    I am wondering if someone...youtube...or my isp...or applian..is using "anti-leeching" to discourage us from recording the vids. I am using windows7 home and use Firefox 12.0. Sometimes I get 360p .flv ok but when I click on the "change quality" button on youtube and select a higher quality...I get the error. I have changed my wan ip and different DNS but this didn't help. If it is anti-leeching it could be cookies they set on my computer to identify me as one of those "leeches" who use up too much bandwidth. This is all happening during the time of day when I have good bandwidth...~5Mbps. No bottlenecks during this time of day.

"An error occurred. Please try again later." from youtube when trying to record using Replay Media Catcher 4. Replay Media Catcher 4 tells me that I have the latest version. My armcp.exe version says 4.2.2.0....size: 68.3kb. And I noticed many other people here are giving various versions...some bigger than my number. I did not have this problem with youtube errors with the previous version. It is only happening since my upgrade. I am wondering if what I am seeing is "anti-leeching" blocking from either YouTube, my ISP, or Applian. I know there are free versions of video capture programs but they don't seem to work either...even though they brag that they defeat "anti-leeching" which they say is being done by YouTube. Too bad Applian doesn't seem to support "anti-leeching"....and I had to pay for that.

LondonGary..I also had no problem recording that video you mentioned....even when selecting the higher quality of flv. I suspect it is probably Google...or just some YouTube servers that are causing the problem...or that our bandwidth usage has been duly noted and we have selectively been "blackballed" using the "anti-leeching" technology that they are using. I have found some web sites that provide high quality videos, that don't go through YouTube and I had no problems. It seems to only be YouTube causing the problems.

"anti-leeching" technology.

hi all,
    it looks like youtube are pushing their videos to cache in 1.7mb chunks, so the problem is browser-independent. i just tried to append the files at the end of each other and create one flv file, but that failed to play, probably because each 1.7mb file has a file header that we need to strip out while appending. we only need to know the header size and we would be good to go

Quote Originally Posted by tiginkaptanoglu View Post
    hi all,
    it looks like youtube are pushing their videos to cache in 1.7mb chunks, so the problem is browser-independent. i just tried to append the files at the end of each other and create one flv file, but that failed to play, probably because each 1.7mb file has a file header that we need to strip out while appending. we only need to know the header size and we would be good to go
    No need - we have resolved this issue

If you're still experiencing this - please upgrade RMC to the latest version from here: http://applian.com/download-videos/ :-)
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

I know this thread goes back a few months but I may have found a workaround. I use RMC 3.11 and IE9

- clear the cache from IE9
    - start RMC and clear the video history
    - go to the Youtube page you wish to capture
    - after it has downloaded its 1.7Mb file, pause the Youtube video, change its resolution to the highest setting, rewind to the beginning and play again until the end
    - nothing new will show in the main RMC window, but if you go to the video history, you will notice the HD version of the video has downloaded entirely to the temporary storage in mp4 format
    - simply highlight the title and choose "save media"
    - in your RMC download directory, you now have the complete HD file from Youtube in mp4 format

Hope it works for all of you

Thumbs down Re: Replay Media Catcher is not capturing YouTube videos

I have the same problem recording from YouTube - get multiple 1.7MB recordings. Using IE9 and RMC 4.4.4.
    1740 kb files or queue for download.