Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Replay Media Catcher is not capturing YouTube videos

Default Re: Replay Media Catcher is not capturing YouTube videos

I have the RMC V3.01 and have been using it bug free for years without cache cleaning on Firefox and Internet Explorer but....like the others here now, I am getting a stop at 1.70MB. I've tried cleaning the cache with CCLEANER then immediately click onto the video (with RMC already started) and still no go. Something has changed somewhere... I've changed nothing in my computer since this "glitch" ? Any thoughts on this, workarounds would be appreciated. Thanks Rick

I would revert to the previous version while admins are still checking on this. So far, this issue is pretty much known.

Quote Originally Posted by mrrick View Post
    I have the RMC V3.01 and have been using it bug free for years without cache cleaning on Firefox and Internet Explorer but....like the others here now, I am getting a stop at 1.70MB. I've tried cleaning the cache with CCLEANER then immediately click onto the video (with RMC already started) and still no go. Something has changed somewhere... I've changed nothing in my computer since this "glitch" ? Any thoughts on this, workarounds would be appreciated. Thanks Rick
    I see you're using version 3. That version had it's last update over 2 years ago, then we switched to version 4 which is a much more solid program over all

Still though, Can you please provide me with the URL of the audio or video you're trying to record, so I can trouble shoot the issue?
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

I think there may have been some change in Youtube earlier this year. I've noticed the same thing with files of 1.7MB in length when using Firefox, Explorer, and Opera. I'm thinking this may require some change in the Media Catcher software.

It's probably not a fault with Applian. I get files of 1,740kb - along with a 1kb meta file - when downloading Flash content from YouTube using RealPlayer. They don't play. I've gone through all possible fixes - update RP, updated Flash, cleared Temporary Internet Files - and it still happens.

So it seems the problem is across browsers and across player applications.

And this video - which is not from YouTube - downlaods and plays fine:
    http://www.cleartechinfo.com/How-To-...ache-Passwords

Which suggests the source of the problem is YouTube.

So now what? Do we storm the offices of YouTube?

i just recently began having the same problem.....freerecorder using applian software was saving the u tube videos quite well and then i could save and convert as designed. despite updating the software, deleting and reinstalling it, it still wont recognize any of the u tube videos....any fixes recently discovered? thanks, dmc

i just recently began having the same problem.....freerecorder using applian software was saving the u tube videos quite well and then i could save and convert as designed. now it wont recognize any of the u tube videos....any fixes recently discovered? thanks, dmc

i just recently began having the same problem.....freerecorder using applian software was saving the u tube videos quite well and then i could save and convert as designed. now (just since april of 2012, it wont recognize any of the u tube videos....any fixes recently discovered? thanks, dmc

i just recently began having the same problem.....free recorder using Applian software was saving the u tube videos quite well and then i could save and convert as designed. now (just since april of 2012, it wont recognize any of the u tube videos....any fixes recently discovered? thanks, dmc

Try going to a YouTube video with Opera and let the video load completely. Then look at the cache (about:cache). Enter 99999999999 for max size, check all the boxes for video files, then click "List all domains". In the cache there you will see a number of files that are 1.74MB and one which is a smaller size. So, I think that YouTube is feeding the browser its cache in 1.74MB segments. I think the Media Catcher program needs to be updated so it can make a video file out of this.

I also noticed something else. It used to be that you could start a YouTube video and put it on pause. Then, wait for the entire video to load into cache. This is no longer the case. It will load to a certain point and then stop (maybe 1.74MB worth?). I understand why this is because there is no sense in loading the whole video if you are not watching it, but I think this affects video stream recording.