Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Replay Media Catcher is not capturing YouTube videos

Default Replay Media Catcher is not capturing YouTube videos

Just upgraded to the latest version of RMC. It worked fine with YouTube for a couple of days, but now every time I try to download YouTube videos, it never gets any more than 1740KB and then it quits. The small file is not playable at all. What am I doing wrong?

Default Re: Replay Media Catcher is not capturing YouTube videos

Hi - Please make sure that you always open Replay Media Catcher and click the "record" button BEFORE you browse to the site that you wish to capture from. Also, please try deleting your temporary internet files from your browser's cache.

Let me know if this helps please! :-)
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

I cleared the Firefox browser cache and started RMC recording before going to YouTube, and still had the same problem..... stopping at 1740K with an unplayable file generated. That's with Firefox 9.0.1 and Firefox 10 (just upgraded). However, I found a workaround, since RMC works perfectly under Internet Explorer on the same machine. All the files generated there are valid and RMC is well-behaved. So, I'm happy to have a way to get things working.

Hi, I am having the EXACT same problem and I really prefer Firefox so would like to know if there is another solution.

I do open RMC before I go the site. Clearing the cache sometimes works to capture ONE video, but then it's back to the same problem the next one I try.

Thanks

eta: exact in that it's 1740 kb, one thing that is different/not previously mentioned is that often when it downloads a video this way, then it starts downloading several copies of that file one after the other - and there's only the one video on youtube open that never downloads correctly.....again, clearing the cache only stops this process to download one video correctly if at all
    Last edited by canadianemigre; 02-11-2012 at 03:36 PM. Reason: more info

I've encountered the same problem with Firefox 10.x

Unfortunately, I have encountered other bugs related to Firefox 10.x as well so I don't expect Applian to be able to fix it.

Thumbs down Re: Replay Media Catcher is not capturing YouTube videos

I upgraded to RMX 4.3.2 (I guess - there are SO MANY versions in the "About" Tab and none says RMC - separate issue) this weekend for the explicit reason to solve this problem from an earlier version of RMC 3.x. The test video I had troubel with come down just fine with teh TRIAL 4.x version of RMC so I went a shelled out the $9.95 for the upgrade. But still having erratic behavior as some videos seemed to come down completely but others still having trouble. Here is an example:

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...394l3.9.3l15l0

Also cleared my cache, restarted FF and RMC. Nothing seems to work and I found a bunch of files tonight that will not come down but I just get little 1.7M files which don't play/open.

I will try IE but I really can't stand that application and need to have RMC work consistently with FF 9.X.

Sorry wrong URL. Here's the correct one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRFyd58X3Uc

Nope IE did not work for me. Same small 1.7M file which restarts over and over.

Need a fix!

I appreciate your self-confidence a lot.

I just updated my Media Catcher to the latest version now can not capture YouTube videos.
    Tried Fire Fox and IE as explained above with no success

Update: I uninstalled Version 4.3.2 and reinstalled previous version 4.2.8 - I can now capture YouTube without any issues!
    Last edited by hertz2bu; 02-15-2012 at 04:25 PM.