Thread: Media Catcher 4 on Win 7

Default Media Catcher 4 on Win 7

It sounds like I've stumped the experts so I'll try again over here.

I recently upgraded from version 3 to 4.4.4 of Media Catcher. During installation, I get the message "The driver has failed to install." and mention that -1247024894 cannot be found.

I've uninstalled, rebooted, run the driver cleanup utility, and rebooted again.

Same error message.

Applian Tech Support suggested increasing the MaxNumFilters in registry which I did, from 8 to 14, but it did not help. I still get the same error. That was three days ago. I've heard nothing since.

I'm running 64-bit Windows 7 Professional.

Is this just a driver file? Can I not manually install it or at least place it in the appropriate place the installer is looking for it?

This is frustrating. I don't know of any other affordable software that will do what this software has been able to do. I'm having trouble capturing some (not all) videos from one site. The videos play fine online but version 3 of Media Catcher was downloading with errors. I'd hoped version 4 might fix that.

Has anyone encountered this problem and overcome it?

Default Re: Media Catcher 4 on Win 7

I'm on the same OS, with the same problem. Haven't found a way yet...still looking...Was there any resolution found by anyone?