Thread: Freecorder 5 downloading issues?

Default Freecorder 5 downloading issues?

I've been using Freecorder 5 for quite a long time. I've had it on both of my laptops and love how it works. However, whenever I use it I get more viruses than I can count. (Latelyfrom using many different programs & resources I have learned that the virusees are from the music I audio rip using Freecorder.) I have many malware systems that remove them quickly, but many have done damage to my laptop. Is there anyway I can get a safe, reliable copy that won't download viruses as well?

Default Re: Freecorder 5 downloading issues?

Hi Umbra

Just like when using your internet browser, you need to browse and record safely. If hackers imbed viruses or malware into streams that you're trying to record - there is nothing we're able to do about that unfortunately.

I would suggest getting a good anti virus/anti spyware program and just surfing safer.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Thank you for responding. I don't use my laptop for much, mostly PC games, work, and music, so I don't believe that browsing is the problem. I rip all my music from youtube, which is supposed to be a fairly safe site. Before resulting to Freecorder as the problem, I did a little research & a few others have also noticed that ripping audio was the culprit of their viruses. On the virus programs, I use Malwarebytes, Symantec, & CCleaner. Usually if I miss a virus on a program, another program picks it up. Any other ideas?

Youtube videos don't usually have viruses. :-)

I would say the culprit is elsewhere on your PC honestly. What are the names of some of the viruses you're getting? Perhaps they're just false positives put out by your Anti Virus Software? (That does happen sometimes with our software) Freecorder needs to monitor the network traffic to your PC to record -- this is similar to what some Spyware programs do, and Windows may not be able to tell them apart.

Freecorder does not:

* Capture anything other than video or audio streams.
    * Send or capture any personal information.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.