Thread: How to Minimize Streaming Video Recording Window, so I Can Do Other Work on PC Simultaneously?

Default How to Minimize Streaming Video Recording Window, so I Can Do Other Work on PC Simultaneously?

I need to be able to do other work on my PC while I am recording a webinar (streaming video). I am using Applian Dirtector/Replay Video Capture V.5.4.2. (latest). Is there a way to minimize the streaming video window, without losing the video or sound, and continue the recording?

Thanks,
    Michael888

Default Re: How to Minimize Streaming Video Recording Window, so I Can Do Other Work on PC Simultaneously?

Not with Replay Video Capture. It is a screen capture program so it is going to capture what it sees on your screen. If you have two monitors you would be able to record on the second one and work on the first.

Default Re: How to Minimize Streaming Video Recording Window, so I Can Do Other Work on PC Simultaneously?

Thanks Cheryl,
    Is there another Applian product that will allow me to do this? So I can start a recording and then minimize the recording window, and do other work, without disturbing the recording. I thought I had seen this as a new feature in one of your products?
    Thanks,
    Michael

Hi Michael

It's POSSIBLE, but I can't make any guarantees. For the MOST part, Replay Video Capture is what we recommend to record webinars - however just to be safe - Can you please provide me with the URL of the audio or video you're trying to record, so I can trouble shoot the issue?

Thanks kindly!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Hi Cheryl,

I decided to take your recommendation and I purchased an external monitor. I am using it to "extend" my display. However now RVC (V.5.4.2) gives me an error message when I try to record from a webinar on my external or internal monitor: "Replay Video Capture has to close. Message (X013)". The webinar continues playing normally, but RVC will not run. What do you suggest? The webinar is password protected. RVC worked fine for this use, until I installed the dual monitor configuration.

Hi Michael

Wow that's too bad. I'm checking with our programmer on this issue/error message now and Cheryl or myself will follow up as soon as we hear from him!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

I can start a recording and then minimize the recording window