Thread: Tags not embedded in files?

Default Tags not embedded in files?

I have just started using Replay Music Version 4.40 on a Windows 7 PC and when I view the tracks I've recorded in the Windows File Explorer some tag fields are blank even though I have manually edited them in RM.

I think the tracks that have been automatically tagged are OK, whereas the unrecognized tracks (that I edit manually) are left blank: Explorer only shows the filename of these tracks so track#, Title, Contributing artists, Album, Genre etc. are all empty fields. I'm sure something as simple as manually selecting a Genre ought to write the tag in the file but it isn't from what I can see.

Default Re: Tags not embedded in files?

This is an issue with windows media player. If you tried in a different player such as VLC you should see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    This is an issue with windows media player. If you tried in a different player such as VLC you should see them.
    Cheryl, sorry but I don't think this is an acceptable solution. Windows Media is a hugely popular music client present on every Windows PC (whether it deserves to be or not) so unless it's utterly broken and nobody uses it, don't you think there ought to be some consideration given to making future RM tagging work with it? The previous version I used (Replay Music V3.98) generated tags that work in Windows Media 12.

Now I just recorded two different tracks, by the same artist, but from different albums. Both tracks were correctly identified by replay music, both had album art. However, only one of the resulting MP3 files has tags that shown up in windows File Explorer and, of course, it's only this file that shows up properly in Windows Media.

Loading both tracks into a dedicated tag manager application (Mp3tag) I can see entries for all relevant tags for both files but the album art which was shown in RM does not show up for the file that Windows didn't like. It lists all tags as ID32.4 Deleting all the tags written by RM and retagging with Mp3tag (which writes ID3v2.3) causes Windows file explorer view to show all the previously missing data.

So two recording sessions in RM both create ID3v2.4 metadata yet only one created tags that are reported by the Windows OS. That seems to me to be something that could be fixed.

Your info has been passed on to the developer.

I am using Replay Music version 5.00 3-05-2012. I just recorded 40 songs of which only 30 were tagged. Replay Music's main screen and Edit Track screen show all 40 to be tagged, but when I use "Windows Explorer" on a Windows 7 PC, only 30 songs show the tag information. Attempting to import the songs back into Replay Music and manually editing the tag information does not solve the problem either.

I hope this information helps the developer to quickly resolve this problem. Replay Music loses a lot of it's appeal if it can't tag all the songs it records (at least the ones in the database and these were all old songs).

Thank You.

I am using Replay Music 5.05. After recording tunes and viewinq them them in windows explorer there appears to be to tag data. Everything appers tagged correctly in the replay music software, and editing has been fixed from version 5 to version 5.05. But 100 percent of the songs I record appear to have NO tagged data in windows exploerer. Am I doing something wrong?

Are you recording using WAV or MP3?