Thread: Mp3 Song Titles

Default Mp3 Song Titles

Hello i just recorded some music into MP3 format onto my usb drive from Grooveshark to play on my new sony car stereo. It works well. However the music I recorded a year ago with freecorder has the song titles show up on my stereo while they play. However all the new songs I just recorded on Grooveshark do not have the title of the song when it is playing. THe song title is there when I am searching for it in the menu on the stereo but not the when it plays, instead it just shows a - symbol. Not sure where the issue is that is causing this?

THanks,
    Brandon

Default Re: MP3 song titles

There are two different formats. If you want the titles to show up in your player you will need to use the audio format for a CD.

THanks for the reply, Where do I need to go in the freecorder program to set the format to audio cd?

Thanks,

Brandon

Please verify what program you are using. You have this in the Replay Music forum section. Thanks.

I believe I have freecorder version 4.

Thanks,
    Brandon

Transferring Ticket to Freecorder Forum
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Hi - in the future please make sure you submit your issue to the correct forum so we can properly assist you. With regards to GrooveShark, just to confirm - you're using FREECORDER to record songs from there, but the title tags/song/artist names etc are NOT showing up in the file names, is that correct?

Thanks for clarifying
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Hello after I click stop recording I rename the file by typing in the name of the what I have recorded. It is then saved in the file with the name. However I believe there is some setting that changes how the title is saved as it does not show up on my sony car radio when it is playing. But some of my other song titles saved by freecorder do show up. I can't find anything different between the two files, except when the file is saved the ones that do show the title also have the band name in the title when I look up the file on my computer. That is the only difference I can find... The band shows up on my radio for both types of files just not the title....

I had similar problems with different devices. Some devices do not recognize all versions of ID3 tags. I used a MP3 tag editor to add both ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags and that fixed the problem.