Thread: Force RMC to monitor a website and record if playing

Default Force RMC to monitor a website and record if playing

Is there anyway to have RMC monitor a website and start recording if the website is playing a video, if not continue to monitor when it starts playing start recording, if the website stops, stop recording if it starts again start recording again either continuing the same file or starting a new one 24/7.

Thanks
    Bill

Default Re: Force RMC to monitor a website and record if playing

Doesn´t RMC activate and download whenever a page refreshes?, in which case what you suggest will occur.

I don't think I explained myself very well. lets say there was a web site (not real) wierdweather.com and they show clips of weird weather events, they might show 1 today 3 tomorrow none the next 2 days 5 the day after etc. Is there a way to make RMC monitor weirdweather.com and if a video starts to automatically record it (without any browser even being loaded or any intervention by me) and when the video is finished go back to monitoring the website waiting for the next video to be played on that site ??????

Thanks
    Bill

Hi Bill

IF you hit 'record' on RMC and leave that page open, it SHOULD WORK assuming the video format is one that RMC will record...

However, there is no way to have it auto 'monitor' the entire site...
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

It would be possible to set up a rss feed if the site supports it to notify you of updated information, and you could do it manually when new information is uploaded. If you had some really good programming skills you could probably set a server up of some kind on your computer to give instructions to rmc4 to search for files, but that would take a lot of work and would be a huge project. If you know any programers I bet you could get the source code for something like the program sickbeard and modify that or something but for us non programmers. I would suggest sticking to getting rss feed updates and then manually setting up the download.