Thread: Two questions please.

Default Two questions please.

1. I am new here. I have replay video capture installed. The version is 4.0-05.17.09. Is this the most recent version?

2. Replay video capture locks my computer up often. I will start a capture by pressing record. After I have captured what I want, I press stop. The
    software should stop the recording and save the file in mpeg-2 format but the program says stopping, please wait and just hangs up my computer.
    This is annoying as hell and I need a fix. Why does this program do this and what can I do to eliminate this? I can't even do a ctr-alt-delete to end
    the program. I have to literally shutdown my pc and reboot every single time. TIA for any help. I am so frustrated with this software. It would be
    great if it would work right.

Default Re: Two questions please.

You are using an older version of the program. We are currently using version 5.
    To get the best quality video with Replay Video Capture - especially on slower machines - try the following:

1. Go to Settings, and make sure you are using the MPEG-2 video format. Also, you may want to click on "Recommended Settings" at the top and select the most fitting option according to your pc configuration.

2. Try recording from a smaller video window by resizing your player to 1/4 of your screen, or no more than 480x640 pixels. This won't affect the video quality (since video is scaled UP from smaller sizes to fit a full-screen picture). This will require less computer power to capture, which will make for smoother videos.

Thanks Cheryl but can you tell me why the the software will not just save the recording when I press stop? I am not overly concerned with quality
    right now. I just want this thing to stop locking up my PC and making it completely unusable unless I do a reboot. Do others also have this problem
    with the video capture software? I had already tried the things you suggested btw to no avail.

Try doing a fresh boot of your system prior to doing a recording. Experiment with different recording time lengths. I'm believing that your ssytem is not able to handle a long recording and that is why you are getting the stopping issue.