Thread: I Cannot Record Video

Default I Cannot Record Video

Hello:

I have not been able to record video from day 1 using Replay AV 8 - not even YouTube videos. I am finally making the time to straighten this out and find out what I am doing wrong. I follow the directions but nothing seems to happen.

I go ... Recording Wizard>Record something right now>Capture a video clip>Stream Capture ... when I "Add Selection as New Recording" and paste URL into box and check "Record Now", one of two things happens ... either
    1)... the recordings icon turns red for about a second and then stalls, or
    2)... The status column keeps showing multiple Connect Retry (I have set to 10)

It must be something simple but I need help figuring out what it can be!

We live out in a very rural area and the only viable internet option for us is HughesNet satellite service. There is a latency lag -- could that be it???

Replay AV version: 8.83
    Network Adapter to Monitor (my only choice): Network adapter 'Intel(R) 82566DC-2 GB Network Connection' on local host (1)
    Internet: HughesNet Satellite with HN9000 modem
    Browsers: Chrome, but also have tried IE9 and FireFox
    I use dual monitors

I have browsed through the forum and searched but cannot find anything that has helped. I really would appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks,

Dave
    Last edited by MBlue72; 01-07-2012 at 01:09 PM. Reason: updated info provided

Default Re: I Cannot Record Video

What link are you trying to capture? There are some links that won't work with AV and you would need to use one of our other great programs.

Cheryl -

All links. I have tried many YouTube links and none have worked. Can you suggest a link that you know will work with AV? I can give it a try and report back to you.

Thanks for helping me.

Dave

Ugh.

Cheryl, your comment that AV8 wasn't suited for all links led me to look more closely at your other product offerings. I was under the incorrect assumption that AV8 would work on all video downloads. I now realize that Replay Media Catcher is the program to use for YouTube, etc. About an hour ago I upgraded to Replay Capture Suite and successfully used Media Catcher to record several video downloads.

I'm a little confused why Applian has so many different programs (three with "video" in their title!), but at least I now have the program I need.

Thank you for taking time out on a weekend to help.

Dave