Thread: Capturing KCUR (Public Radio)

Default Capturing KCUR (Public Radio)

I've seen this same process used for making archives available on other public radio sites, and Replay AV does a great job downloading the stream. I'm wondering if there's a way I can download it myself without having to set it up in Replay AV.

The shows I'm wanting to download are at http://www.kcur.org/night-tides-play...audio-archives. They open as an M3U file, which I can read and determine the URL for the MP3 file (e.g., http://kcurstream.umkc.edu:8000/cont..._12-4-2011.mp3). Entering that MP3 into Replay AV allows it to download the MP3 without having to capture it as it plays for the entire duration. However, if I use that same URL in my browser, I get an Invalid Resource error.

Is there a way I can download these MP3 files manually myself? Again, this isn't an issue with Replay, I'm curious how it's doing the download. The streaming site is blocked through the firewall at work, so I'm looking for a workaround instead of having to save the files at home and take to work.

Thanks.

Default Re: Capturing KCUR (Public Radio)

A quick way to do this would be to use the YouSendIt and have it mail the files to you at work so you can then access them.