Thread: Split tracks save without deleting excluded portion

Default Split tracks save without deleting excluded portion

I have been trying to edit a short video - all I'm trying to do is cut off the first .6 second. It seems to work okay when I place the marker, choose the portion to save (thumbs-up) and the portion to exclude (thumbs down), and then Output to a new file, but it saves the entire file. I have tried this five or six times, same result. What am I missing?

Replay Media Splitter version 1.9 on Widows Vista Home Premium

Thanks.
    LK

Default Re: Split tracks save without deleting excluded portion

I have not used the Splitter yet but do you not have to ask it to start trimming before saving to a new file?

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

After you have set markers, you need to make sure the selection you want sits between two markets you've set. Click on the portion you want to keep, right click it and choose "Save selected fragment as".

It doesn't matter how many fragments you have chosen, as long as you have selected one and highlighted it, that's the only one you're keeping.

I have the same problem, I used the Replay Convertor and converted the video to WMV, then Media Splitter worked as expected.

Go figure, hope they fix this or I will be getting my money back !!

What format was the original file in? You need to use the formats that are posted on the splitter.

Exact same problem. I bought the software for a project on a deadline and it won't let me cut an avi file that was done by media capture. It is a file extension that is supposed to be supported. I use the markers, outline the section, "keep" what I want, "remove" the section I don't and...nothing. I have tried saving the "selected fragment", trimming, saving as output and after 2 hours of hassle, it worked once but not again doing the exact same procedure

OK I figured out part of the problem,,...for me at least.

If you get it divided with markers, and go to save all fragments, its saves them all for joining later. Here is problem, it does not save them individually. It saves them sequentially meaning that the first track is saved solo, the second track is the first plus the second, third is 1+2+3, etc. The trimming function doesn't work and the save "selected fragment saves the whole track, no editing.

As I don't intend on sequentially editing 432 sections repeatedly, applian ...you better come up with something or Ill stick with the freeware

I can't find a setting to change this, so its looking like a software bug.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Angry Re: Split tracks save without deleting excluded portion

.6 and .8 seconds, or anything under it wont do. Due to bugs, bugs and more bugs...

What you're trying to do IS NOT possible and hasn't been possible for ONE year that I've used this program. I was surprised to see that I HAD TO pay an extra $4 to upgrade it recently, a cute new looking interface, with all the bugs included, and as a bonus now it also asks for the code every time! Can it get any worse?

Let me try to help. When you go to VIEW, go to TIME FORMAT and then select TIME.

Now click on the magnifying glass to extend your track. You /should/ be able to select what you want to cut-out, BUT it wont. Unfortunately, the program has NEVER done this like I mentioned above. And my intuition tells me it's a bug they wont be able to fix (I know a lot about programming and can tell you, they might not be able to fix this one).

The "Cut-out selected fragment" and "Keep selected fragment" are absolutely worthless, they don't work like most people think they should. So don't even bother with those.

What I do, which works beautifully (and makes me realize I wasted my money in Applian splitter) I open it in "Windows Live Movie Maker"... forget the bugs it USED to have, Windows Live has managed to make the program stable enough to do this.

Open the track there, move the marker where you want to start your movie. RIGHT click, and choose "Set start point".

Go to the top right where it says "Save Movie" and choose "Recommended for this project" [usually .wmv] (you should always select that and convert the file if you want, with another program/tool - I found this is the only way to keep the file from losing the tinyest bit of quality).

Sorry to say, you wont be able to do this with "Replay Media Splitter". But just to get my point across I should ask for my last $4 back. I paid the $79 for "Replay Capture Suite" back in July 2011 and feel that I've only gotten 1/4 of what I was hoping to accomplish. Always needing the help of other programs (Windows Movie Maker and VLC) to be able to do what I need, now Director crashes every now and then, it's a mess.

I should also mention Replay Media Splitter does not edit videos (none of the programs in the suit do hue/saturation/brightness or volume adjustment, etc.) this program alone can be bested by Windows Movie Maker in several parts.
    Last edited by Liliana Mercado; 04-19-2012 at 11:08 AM.

If you have just made a purchase and would like a refund we do have a 30 day money back guarantee. We also do minor fixes on our programs so if there is a but we like to know in tech support. We are constantly doing updates to correct items as new formats and codecs are always coming out. Do contact tech support if you need assistance. Thanks.