Thread: Coupon Buddy, AutoComplete, etc. - How to get rid of these...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Coupon Buddy, AutoComplete, etc. - How to get rid of these...

Hi there,

It seems several applications have attached themselves to my Freecorder Toolbar... Coupon Buddy, AutoComplete Pro, Print It Green, etc. Some have the option to disable, but they re-appear immediately. How can I permanently rid the toolbar of these apps.?

Thanks for any info.

Default Re: Coupon Buddy, AutoComplete, etc. - How to get rid of these...

Hi SuperFreak,

Strange, once you disable those they should NOT be re-appearing. If you're having issues with the freecorder toolbar, please try the following for me:

Please uninstall, reboot and reinstall Freecorder from the link below:
    http://www.applian.com/freecorder4/download.php (NON US Customers)
    http://www.applian.com/freecorder5/ (USA Based customers)

Also, here is a link to properly uninstall Freecorder:
    http://www.applian.com/freecorder4/s....php#uninstall

Please make sure that you have administrative rights and that you disable any anti virus software you are running while installing Freecorder. (This is very important)

Lastly, please make sure that Freecorder toolbar is enabled in your Firefox browser.

Let me know if this helps! :-)
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

I uninstalled the toolbar and saw there was a Freecorder 4.0 Application. I tried to uninstall that as well but was met with the message...

Invalid uninstall control file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Freecorder\Uninstall\uninstall.xml.

Should I have removed the application first before the toolbar?

I guess I should have read the full post first!

I'll work through it.

Is there any way from preventing the add-ins to appear at all (block them from being installed to the toolbar)?

I downloaded the latest hoping it would clean out any previous version information from the file system, registry, etc. It only installed 5.1, but left pieces behind (or didn't touch them at all). I was hoping to download v4, install, uninstall as instructed above so it would clean that version out properly, but that version is not available or I couldn't find it.

I ended up leaving 5.1 installed and removed the C:\Windows\Freecorder folder that contained the v4 uninstall.exe. I also manually removed the HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\Curren tVersion\Uninstall v4 entry, which cleared the Add Remove Programs applet.

Is there anything else I can do to ensure v4 is completely removed from my system?

If the application should be removed first and it hasn't been removed, the uninstall routine for the toolbar should indicate such at attempted uninstall of that piece.

Right now, I don't see any of the add ins in v5.1, but it would be nice if I could prevent any from attaching themselves.

Please advise.

Thanks for the help so far.

Those pieces/add-ons are part of the conduit toolbar that hosts freecorder, however you should be able to disable them still. On another note, would you mind telling me exactly what audio or video you're trying to record? Perhaps I could recommend a better product more suited to your needs. While you're trying one of my personal favorite programs, it's not the best for EVERYTHING, and I'd be more than happy to assist you in recording whatever it is you're trying to record.

Looking forward to your response.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.