Thread: Frame Rate Too High (!)

Default Frame Rate Too High (!)

I'm having a spot of bother. I'm recording some replays of online gaming (racing) but as soon as I hit record the frame rate halves, and the recorder screams "Frame Rate Too High". I've made the window as small as possible - 800 x 600 - and I've changed the settings to best performance; I'm using Windows 7.

Is this due to my laptop not being able to cope with it? Or are there other settings I need to adjust? I've used the rcommended setting, and altered the bit rate up and down, but it does not improve the frame rate back to the original.

Any ideas please?

Default Re: Frame Rate Too High (!)

Hi

What size is the resolution on your laptop? That COULD be the issue - also how much ram do you currently have?
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Thanks for the reply. The resolution is 1600 x 900. I have 4gb Ram.

Hi Brad,

Thank you. To get the best quality video with RVCapture - especially on slower machines - try the following:

1. Go to Settings, and make sure you are using the MPEG-2 video format. Also, you may want to click on "Recommended Settings" at the top and select the most fitting option according to your pc configuration.

2. Try recording from a smaller video window by resizing your player to 1/4 of your screen, or no more than 480x640 pixels. This won't affect the video quality (since video is scaled UP from smaller sizes to fit a full-screen picture). This will require less computer power to capture, which will make for smoother videos.

Let me know if this makes a difference.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

As I mentioned in my first post, I've reduced the source material to as small as possible, and I've played around with the settings including the recommended settings. I took the time to mention this as I searched the forum for similar problems and found this standard answer in quite a few posts before I posted my probelm.

Incidentally I'm now using Fraps (on 1600 x 900) with absolutely no problems at all, so I don't think it's my hardware.

Any ideas please?

I am having a similar problem with a "frame rate too high" message, and I can't find any info about it on here. I have tried the recommendations as above, but I still have a problem. (Core i5, 16Gb RAM, 50mbit cable connection - so not a "slow" machine...!) Should I raise this directly with Applian as a support issue?

If the recording is okay don't worry about the frame rate issue. If the recording is not then just adjust it in the settings of the program.

also how much ram do you currently have?