Thread: System stalls/stops while in the middle of splitting sequence

Default System stalls/stops while in the middle of splitting sequence

Not sure why this keeps occurring, but so far 3 different media clips in .wmv format that i am trying to split into separate segments are not complementing this task, at first i thought it was the clip, but i did not get any error message when i loaded the clip as i normally would if it was corrupt? so what is the issue??????

Default Re: System stalls/stops while in the middle of splitting sequence

I'm having the same problem. I have a 59 minute WMV file that I was trying to split by removing four small segments between segments I wanted to keep. The first keeper was about 2 minutes long and that worked. The second was about 16 minutes. It got to about 22% and then stopped. I updated to V2.0 and that didn't make any difference. Please help.

Yesterday I posted about the process stopping during splitting, and this morning when trying to open a file I get "Invalid hook handle." and a message to send a report. Whether I select to send the report or not, the app closes. I uninstalled Media Splitter and re-installed, and that made no difference.

What version of the program are you using? have you tried a different file to see if it works? Have you tried a different format?

What do you all expect for $29.95????

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

NO FREE LUNCH.

What kind of nonsense support is asking you for: Have you tried this, have you tried that, have you tried dancing three times around your computer, have you tried waving a magic wand to make the evil spirits go away?

Are we supposed to be the beta tester for the developer!

Even at $29.95 if it's supposed to work, then it should work.

Obviously never tested in a real environment.

"You can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear"

At least I got to get one time use out of mine. Next time it just randomly hangs up and have to kill the task to stop it.

Another "shelfware" software. (Definition: you risk $29.95 and if it doesn't work, you put it on the shelf and never waste time screwing with it again).

( I wonder how long it will take them to remove this post. Truth hurts! I'm timing it!)
    Last edited by notbananas; 11-30-2012 at 11:32 AM.

I'm not removing it but I am responding to it. We work hard and treat every customer with respect. We do our best to solve all issues and the developers are often involved in working on this. There are a lot of codecs and video formats and audio formats out. People record them in different ways and they stream differently. Often people need to update the program to take advantage of this, update the computer system, or install additional codecs that the computer was lacking. We also do request files and run tests and when able to duplicate we contact the developer. If you do have an issue please do contact tech support and you will be treated with the same respect there that I provide you in this environment. We also do offer a 30 day money back guarantee so if you are not happy we are able to issue a refund.

As an FYI, it hangs up with pretty much all file types: WMV, AVI, FLV, etc. My question is why did it work the first few days I got it and then it quit working a week later and still not working? I'm really not concerned about a refund because I like the simplicity of the interface, but I also need the functionality of having it work.

Reading through this forum it appears I'm not the only one with the hang-up problem.

I can understand your reasoning if it didn't work at all, or couldn't start, but when it stops 65% or 30% or at other random times, it cannot be you suggested reasoning.

My computer is using Intel Core 7, Windows 7 Ultimate, 4tb hard disk, dual 24" Dell monitors, and is only about 6 months old, so I doubt it's the computer. Once again, it worked fine the first few times I tried it and never since then.

If you continue to have an issue please do contact tech support with details. Thanks.

I'm having this problem too.

The symptoms are that the first time you work on a file it is fine. If you open the same file a second time the application hangs and has to be killed.

This issue happens for every file and I've tried with several types of movie file.