Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rhapsody recodings very poor

Unhappy Rhapsody recodings very poor

I am using Replay 4 for recording Rhapsody. The sound recordings were poor with Replay 3, but now they're even worse with Replay 4. There are crackles & stops & starts. I tried disabling auto tagging, but that didn't help. Now what?

Default Re: Rhapsody recodings very poor

Are you using the audio driver? Are the recorded songs doing the same or just what you are recording?

Yes, I am using audio driver. I will do more 'trials' this week to see if the tracks already have poor sound quality when they leave Rhapsody, or only after they go through Replay. Will get back to you. I think others here have reported a similar issue with Replay?

Update. I did a test this morning. I played a Rhapsody track & there was no sound problem at all. But, when I played that same track through Replay4, it crackled a lot! So what's the solution?

Update2 - my techy friend thinks Replay4 has a faulty codex? Is there a newer version? Perhaps I should go back to the former version. I didn't have any trouble with that version.

So why don't they fix it or at least admit there's a problem? This is not free software, I paid for it & expect to have decent quality? Anyone else having the same issues? If yes, please report it so we can pressure them to fix it??

Brecky,

Are you recording from the website or from the "Rhapsody Player"?? I downloaded the Rhapsody Player and it seemed to record just fine, no crackles, skips, other annoyances. The instructions on the website are not very clear in this regard (except for little blurb about turning equalizer off) as I had been recording right from the Rhapsody website (which honestly shouldn't be a problem). This is how I recorded when on Napster with no issues whatsoever, so I figured the same would apply to this streaming service, guess not.

--A

Each system is different. Some computers work better with the web based while others work better with the standalone player. Do try the other. if you do have an issue please contact tech support.

since napster closed and transferred over to rhapsody i have been able to record ok.

i noticed though that it now records differently; that is with napster it would download the entire song in a few seconds, while music played in the background....you could then record the next song and so on.

now it seems you have to wait for the entire song to play out...kinda annoying.

anyone else having this issue?

i am trying to use the rhapsody software, which looks nice, but its not giving a file format that is recognized.

Thoughts?

If by Rhapsody player you mean the mini player, I tried that, did not get the control tool bar when I did ;o( Was i supposed to disable something at the same time? I played a track on one of my playlists & it played fine until I opened Replay4, then it crackled like crazy & paused & surged.. seems to be getting worse?