Thread: Video playback error?

Default Video playback error?

Hey there, just something I've noticed. I have Replay set up to auto-record my calls, which works wonderfully. However, in the first 5-10 seconds of my Skype calls Skype is still getting the connection hardened, and will eventually change to the HD format for incoming feed. Replay records both fine, but when it switches from standard box to the wider HD, my .avi files have bars of frozen video. An example (not of the actual video of course, privacy and all that) of how it looks:

Any solution to this, other than ending the recording and starting it again? Sometimes the video fluctuates between the two.

Default Re: Video playback error?

This is not something I have seen before. Please see what happens if you update your codecs on your system. I personally use k-lite as it is free and easy to find. I can't duplicate this issue. Thanks.

Default Re: Video playback error?

I installed the codecs, and I assume they take effect when the recorder is recording so I'll report back as soon as I can repeat the test.