Thread: Videso I am downloading and recording are smooth until I hit "record". Then some jerking.

Default Videso I am downloading and recording are smooth until I hit "record". Then some jerking.

Just bought this. (Have been AV user for years.)
    First problem was it enlarged videos so much that the recording only could fit about 60% of picture on screen. Tech support responded I needed to check "Full Screen" in settings. That should have been the default. That fixed it and bought the program. (Tech support answered within 2 hours - on a Sunday!)

I guess I didn't notice in a short demo - but a smooth flowing video that is perfect when not recording has jerkiness every few seconds.
    I have a new, fast computer, Windows 7. Sound comes thru fine.
    I didn't change any other default settings.

Thanks.

Default Re: Videso I am downloading and recording are smooth until I hit "record". Then some jerking.

Heya Mike

Welcome to the forums - To get the best quality video with Replay Video Capture -try the following:

1. Go to Settings, and make sure you are using the MPEG-2 video format. Also, you may want to click on "Recommended Settings" at the top and select the most fitting option according to your pc configuration.

2. Try recording from a smaller video window by resizing your player to 1/4 of your screen, or no more than 480x640 pixels. This won't affect the video quality (since video is scaled UP from smaller sizes to fit a full-screen picture). This will require less computer power to capture, which will make for smoother videos.

Let me know if this makes a difference.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default Re: Videso I am downloading and recording are smooth until I hit "record". Then some jerking.

Jeff -
    Thanks for the tip. I had already left the settings the way you suggested.

Everything is now working great. I think the problem was caused by "Freecorder", which I had also downloaded to check out. That program seemed to (my uneducated guess) cause problems. My computer wasn't responding as quickly as normally. It also installed some obvious bad things, like a task bar. Took me a few tries, but finally uninstalled it, I hope. At least I hope there's nothing bad left behind.
    Might be a coincidence - but when I tried capturing another online video - and it worked fine. Then went back to re-download the ones that were jerky - no problem.
    The only other problem I had then was figuring out how to NOT record the menu that turns on/off the recording. The first couple tries came out fine,quality wise but that menu was part of the recorded picture.

...mike
    Last edited by miketh; 11-14-2011 at 01:56 AM.

You need to limit the recording window above the area where the controls are, so as not to include these in the recorded picture.