Thread: RM deletes identical song titles

Default RM deletes identical song titles

Is there a way of stopping RM deleting identical song titles - as you get a lot of extra tracks on CD's these days duplication of titles is common. At the moment my only work around is too manually put + after
    the title if I can see there is another version of the song to be recorded.......

Thanks.

Default Re: RM deletes identical song titles

The only thing to do is mark the earlier song with a mark such as + after the title eg : the moody blues - nights in white satin + hopefully they might be able to sort something out.

Lightbulb Re: RM deletes identical song titles

I've pointed this out to Applian several times - and suggested a simple fix, and get reply that it will be looked into.... but never has...

All it needs is for the 'Track Naming' template in the 'Settings' menu to allow the use of %S (the order actually recorded by RM) as well as %t (the track number as re: the read tag)...

EG...
    You record a compilation album which has song 'This Song' on twice but from 2 different albums - maybe one version was live and the other a studio and originated from the albums 'Rockin' in the Studio' and 'Rockin' -Live'... the band produced a live version of the studio album with same tracks and order? So, anyway, to all intents and purposes the tracks have the same tag information....

So saving files with the '%t - %T' template causes the second recording of the same named track to OVERWRITE the first recorded... ie the '04 - This Song.mp3' recorded first gets overwritten by the second '04 - This Song.mp3'...

BUT if the template could be set as '%S - %T' then the first recorded version would be saved as '04 - The Song.mp3' (as the fourth track actually recorded by RM) and the second version would be saved as '19 - The Song.mp3' (as it would be the (eg) 19th track recorded by RM in this session)...

Simples....

The developer does read the forum. I have also passed the link on to him from this.

Thanks, Cheryl!

The developer has said he likes some of the ideas presented here and plans to add them to a future update.

This is very frustrating. Sometimes I leave computer and have RM record several albums from an artist page on Spotify, and, especially if a live album is involved, several tracks with duplicate names are not saved. A fix would be certainly welcome here. In the meantime has anyone got away round this?

template causes the second recording of the same named track to OVERWRITE the first recorded...

Question Re: RM deletes identical song titles

Has any progress been made on this?

I found this topic by doing a google search for %S for this site. Having the ability to add a %S to the file naming mask would be extremely helpful. I find that on compilation albums the track numbers are all off because the software tries to match it to the actual individual main albums for each track instead of the correct compilation. This makes manual tagging a bit more annoying. Being able to add a %S to the front of the file naming mask would make it really easy to keep the tracks in the correct order when importing them into a tagging software for some additional updates and tags. This is especially true on those rare compilations that are not in allmusic or musicbrainz.

Thanks.
    Last edited by greengeek; 03-21-2012 at 10:24 AM. Reason: fix spelling