Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No stream

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default No stream

I have telecorder set up to start recording automatically and running before I start up Skype. But it says "no stream." I don't know what changed because a couple of weeks ago it worked. My Skype version is 5.5.0.119 and it says there is an update but I haven't done it yet because I saw another poster in the forum had a problem and was told to go back to an older version. So I don't know if I should stay where I am or get the update. I'm on Telecorder version 1.2.0.5 The machine is Windows 7 64 bit and, like I said, it all worked fine a couple of weeks ago.

I don't know if this matters, but there's nothing listed in Skype's Advanced Settings, Manage Other Programs Access to Skype. I can't remember if I had to do it when I set up this machine or not, but it seemed like I might have had to do something to allow Telecorder access on some machine I had. But there's nothing listed there now and I can't click on Change.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Last edited by SallyC; 11-03-2011 at 03:16 PM.

Default Re: No stream

Hi

Please update to the latest version of Skype
    Uninstall our program
    Reboot
    Verify that Skype is closed and not in the taskbar
    Now, do a fresh install of our program

That did it - THANKS!
    Last edited by SallyC; 11-03-2011 at 05:37 PM.

I am having this problem with the latest Skype 5.8.0.158 and the latest Skype recorder 1.0.2.9. I may have initially installed when Skype was loaded, so I closed skype (not on notification area), rebooted and reinstalled the recorder. It is checked to start automatically with Skype. It doesn't and when I load manually, it can't find the stream. Suggestions. (I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice - same result)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Wallstreet View Post
    I am having this problem with the latest Skype 5.8.0.158 and the latest Skype recorder 1.0.2.9. I may have initially installed when Skype was loaded, so I closed skype (not on notification area), rebooted and reinstalled the recorder. It is checked to start automatically with Skype. It doesn't and when I load manually, it can't find the stream. Suggestions. (I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice - same result)
    I am also (again) having the problem of not being able to record using Telecorder. I've also got the latest version, started it before starting the latest version of Skype and uninstalled/reinstalled Skype, rebooted, etc. I've finally just given up. Running Win 7 64bit if that matters. It worked for a bit, then stopped and I've been unable to get it working again.

Any problem with this is complicated by the fact that there's no video test site for Skype, at least that I'm aware of. There used to be a skype id of bill-on-skype-video-echo which allowed you to test video but it's no longer available. It would be helpful if Applian could set something like this up. There's actually a lot of people wanting this so it might also help bring people to Applian.com who would then purchase Telecorder. But it certainly would be helpful to us who have purchased it and are trying to test it out.

If you do need assistance let us know in tech support as more details can be given. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SallyC View Post
    I am also (again) having the problem of not being able to record using Telecorder. I've also got the latest version, started it before starting the latest version of Skype and uninstalled/reinstalled Skype, rebooted, etc. I've finally just given up. Running Win 7 64bit if that matters. It worked for a bit, then stopped and I've been unable to get it working again.

Any problem with this is complicated by the fact that there's no video test site for Skype, at least that I'm aware of. There used to be a skype id of bill-on-skype-video-echo which allowed you to test video but it's no longer available. It would be helpful if Applian could set something like this up. There's actually a lot of people wanting this so it might also help bring people to Applian.com who would then purchase Telecorder. But it certainly would be helpful to us who have purchased it and are trying to test it out.
    Sally, The steps described above - there is one more - after you uninstall, delete the directory in program files where this program used to be (there was one file left in the directory). In my case, that solved the problem (this additional step courtesy of tech support).

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    Hi

Please update to the latest version of Skype
    Uninstall our program
    Reboot
    Verify that Skype is closed and not in the taskbar
    Now, do a fresh install of our program
    Done all of the above. Latest Windows 8, latest Skype (installed today), Replay Telecorder trial version (installed today) No effect if Skype of Telecorder is started first. During the call Telecorder does not find any active streams. Recording button has no effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Markku View Post
    Done all of the above. Latest Windows 8, latest Skype (installed today), Replay Telecorder trial version (installed today) No effect if Skype of Telecorder is started first. During the call Telecorder does not find any active streams. Recording button has no effect.
    Markku, I did all of that too and it didn't work. But, as Jack Wallstreet suggests here, I had not used File Explorer to manually go and delete the directory where Telecorder was, after uninstalling it. Sure enough, there was still a file in it. After I deleted that file and then re installed Telecorder it worked.

If you have not done that, I would definitely try it. Then have Telecorder load when Windows starts, and see if that works.

Hi all

Prospective new user here, trying the demo before I buy. (I'm considering buying the whole suite, although the only apps I really *need* are Telecorder and Music. Figure the others might come in handy, and won't cost much more.

Replay Music works fine for me, but so far, Replay Telecorder does not work at all. I'm on Windows 7 64-bit, and have Skype 6.1.0.129 (the latest version). Both are installed in their default directories; I'm the administrator for this machine, User Access Control is enabled, and disabling it is not an option. My antivirus is Microsoft Security Essentials, which is also the latest version.

Unfortunately, Telecorder does not recognize when a Skype stream is active. I've tried uninstalling, deleting the directory as suggested here, rebooting, then reinstalling. I've tried both SkypeOut calls to phones, and direct PC-to-PC calls. I'm only trying to record audio; I really don't care about video for now. Each time, recording doesn't start automatically, and manually clicking the record button brings up the No Stream message.

Any suggestions would be gladly accepted...