Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can I get rid off the Applian network driver

Default How can I get rid off the Applian network driver

How can I get rid off the dreadful applian network driver which is continuously eating my pc resources?

S H O U T L O U D E R!,,,,,,!,,,,,,!,,,,,,!,,,,,,!

THE ABOVE IS A MESSAGE TO APPLIAN STAFF!

IF I D O U B L E S P A C E. Does that mean I can S H O U T any louder.

Have tried quietly but nobody has had the decency to give a simple answer.

What gives folks?

Default Re: How can I get rid off the Applian network driver

You can get rid off the Applian network driver by uninstalling Replay Media Catcher 4.

Antother suggestion is to contact tech support. From there you do get a quick response. We monitor the forum but don't always answer as we hope others will take it up. Thanks.

Cheryl, I did raise a ticket about this months ago when v4 came out and it all got mixed up with some server issue.
    I will raise another then. Also I asked if I should raise another ticket in the previous thread without an answer.

Steam-recorder.com. Usually you're pretty helpful but seems like you are being sarcastic with that comment. You know the issue I've been having.

Quote Originally Posted by user1 View Post
    Steam-recorder.com. Usually you're pretty helpful but seems like you are being sarcastic with that comment. You know the issue I've been having.
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be sarcastic. I wish I had a better solution. It is hard to do something about the problem that the developer can't replicate.

I recommend to go to the Feature Suggestion forum and post a suggestion about alternative packet capturing methods. If there will be many requests about it, I guess the developer will try to use WinPCap or something else.

What kind of hardware do you use? Do you use any software that uses lots of traffic (like torrents, trading systems,...) and makes many online requests? Do you have a firewall?

I'm running it on an acer laptop dual core but I'm sure I've seen it on my other hardware. I use winpcap for several networking applications and I also use this an my primary upnp server although not at the same time as rmc4.
    I may be oversimplifying things here but All I think is necessary is to have rmc4 turn the driver on when it starts and off when it quits. This is what I do manually and it works ok. Maybe I can get a macro to do it easier I've not tried that yet.
    I don't see why applications need to leave residue when they are not running. It seems bad form to me but then I'm not a programmer - there may be a very good reason.
    Last edited by user1; 10-04-2010 at 02:06 AM.

What we need is the DRIVER FILENAME, and maybe the full install path. This lan network driver is causing punkbuster, my game's anti cheat protection, to kick me from games.

I am not worried about any malfunctions.

Thank you for replying!

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be sarcastic. I wish I had a better solution. It is hard to do something about the problem that the developer can't replicate.

I recommend to go to the Feature Suggestion forum and post a suggestion about alternative packet capturing methods. If there will be many requests about it, I guess the developer will try to use WinPCap or something else.

What kind of hardware do you use? Do you use any software that uses lots of traffic (like torrents, trading systems,...) and makes many online requests? Do you have a firewall?

Quote Originally Posted by robtmathias View Post
    What we need is the DRIVER FILENAME, and maybe the full install path. This lan network driver is causing punkbuster, my game's anti cheat protection, to kick me from games.
    You can probably find this out without Applian by using freeware Process Monitor
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb896645.aspx

Try executing "snetcfg.exe -u nt_appliand".
    You'll find this program deep inside your Media Catcher folder (something like "C:\Program Files\Replay Media Catcher 4\install\x86\NDIS5"). Please note, that you have to use a program from x86 folder for 32-bit system and from x64 for 64-bit. Otherwise, you won't succeed.

In the bottom right corner of your desktop click the network icon, then click 'Open Network and Sharing Center' and click 'Change adapter settings'. Then right-click the connection you use for the internet (for example LAN or wireless) and select properties. Deselect 'Applian Network Driver' and only reactivate it when you wish to use Applian software. This will ensure that no extra resources are used and that it does not interfere with other drivers and applications.

If you wish to uninstall it then the easiest way is to just uninstall the software it came with, however if it has been left over from the software then if you highlight the Applian Network Driver by the above steps, the option to uninstall the driver will appear, just click that.