Thread: Replay media catcher crashes my network adapter

Default Replay media catcher crashes my network adapter

It usually happens when i am catching mulitple streams. Usually the program crashes as well. The Network adapter must be reset/sometimes the computer must be rebooted. I am running Windows 7 on a brand new Dell with a new i-7processor and like 16gig of memory. Did not have this problem with my old XP computer. It happens all the time and renders the computer useless
    Tech support had not seen the problem before and suggested a clean install of the latest Media catcher 4-which did not work. I see nothing on this on the forum or on the Applian web site.

ideas?

Default Re: Replay media catcher crashes my network adapter

Hi There

Can you please submit a ticket to tech support with this info so we can work with you personally ?
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

This problem has been reported by several other users already in April. See here : https://forum.applian.com/showthread...efault-Gateway
    So far I could not see any solution offered by the technical support which would be greatly appreciated. As far as ideas - maybe running the program in XP mode?

I already submitted a ticket. It would be nice if you read my post. i got a generic response, as i indicated.

Yes I did see that gateway issue and I looked at the account settings, but messing with them messes up the computer

In the bottom right corner of your desktop click the network icon, then click 'Open Network and Sharing Center' and click 'Change adapter settings'. Can you please name or provide an image of your network connections? Then right-click the connection you use for the internet (for example LAN or wireless) and select properties. Can you please name or provide an image of all your connection items/drivers?

Same identical Problem as listed here, same type of computer , running windows 7. Happens on all of my windows 7 computers when i am catching mutliple streams, also crashes the program. I am sure Applian has heard about this a zillion times..Time to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly T View Post
    Same identical Problem as listed here, same type of computer , running windows 7. Happens on all of my windows 7 computers when i am catching mutliple streams, also crashes the program. I am sure Applian has heard about this a zillion times..Time to fix it.
    Please use the technical support section of the website to submit your tech support ticket and include your record log file:

http://applian.com/support.php
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

I have the same problem where it just crashes the network and i need to reboot but it doesnt happen all the time. The answer I got was don't leave it (RMC) running all the time. Once I release it & reboot the computer is back to normal. This problem started last year around the middle of the year if i remember correctly.