Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Access to internet station - how to?

Default Re: Access to internet station - how to?

I have now installed Replay Music. But I don't seem to be able to access "The Arrow" (or other internet stations) as I have done with Freecorder. It seems that you have to select one of a small set of media players, some of which are barred for anyone outside the US. The others don't seem to have the facility to access internet radio, but you have to select individual preset artists and tracks. Can I get Replay Music to use a media player (for example VLC) that is more flexible than those few that come up by default? Otherwise I don't think it will fulfil the purpose I had in mind - I have misunderstood what it is intended to to. Guidance would be appreciated!

Replay Music is indifferent to and independent of any Player that plays an audio stream. Replay Music records what it hears. So, play the audio stream with whatever Player. Just make sure to open Replay Music first - BEFORE - go to the audio stream and launch it.

Tom.

I get the impression that Replay Music and Freecorder do much the same thing. Unless Replay Music has the ability to identify and tag tracks that come from a streaming internet radio station??

[the instant notify by email facility does not seem to work for me even though I have ticked the box]

Replay Music is an audio recorder which splits and tags songs into separate tracks. The auto splitting works as long as there is definitive silence between the songs. Most radio stations cross fade their songs and thus don't have silence or gaps. But Replay Music works great with services like Pandora, Rhapsody, Napster, Sotify etc.

Freecorder does not have the ability to split and tag automatically.

Freecorder covers brilliantly many of my modest needs. But the disadvantage is that Freecorder has to be "on" before I tune in to an internet station. If my crystal ball isn't working I don't know in advance what, if anything, I will want to record in the course of any one listening session. That means accumulating an awful lot of unneeded data in the course of an evening's listening. Any way round this with Freecorder or any other application? [Life used to be so much easier in the days of cassette tapes and AM/VHF ..]