Thread: unexpected Error: Search is currently unavailable

Default unexpected Error: Search is currently unavailable

I continue to get this error message when i try and use the search option. Is this common? is there a fix for this?

Default Re: unexpected Error: Search is currently unavailable

I've recently begun to have the same problem. Did anybody solve it?

Hi Guys

Unfortunately, this is due to yahoo music going down (who is also the program we use for the search database)

We're currently looking into a replacement to use and an RMC update to fix that, but I do not have an ETA on this

Booo to yahoo music I say!

Thanks for hanging in there, we'll get this fixed on OUR end as soon as possible with what we can
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Hi Jess, I just downloaded the latest update for Media Replay Catcher. Nothing in the searches works. The message is "search is currently unavailable". Very frustrating. What do I do to fix it?

At the very least give us the ability to point the program to a URL: to navigate and record from there. It is December 12, 2012 and it is still nonfunctional?! Even the browser cache navigation is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by melanchete View Post
    At the very least give us the ability to point the program to a URL: to navigate and record from there. It is December 12, 2012 and it is still nonfunctional?! Even the browser cache navigation is broken.
    I was going to post here asking what the problem was with the search music feature. Turns out it's still not fixed fifteen months later? Is this the standard Applian technical support?

I tried using this feature today. Same problem with error message. Has Applian changed the program it uses for the search feature or are current capture 4 users obligated to pay for an upgrade? Is this why there is an upgrade? What happens next time? Another "pay for upgrade"?

Quote Originally Posted by Fred MacDonald View Post
    I tried using this feature today. Same problem with error message. Has Applian changed the program it uses for the search feature or are current capture 4 users obligated to pay for an upgrade? Is this why there is an upgrade? What happens next time? Another "pay for upgrade"?
    Hi Fred, I'm not sure actually- Please use the technical support section of the website to submit your tech support ticket, the RMC team is well versed on this and should be able to assist you directly.

Thank you VERY much for your patience, I understand this must be frustrating so I truly do appreciate that.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.