Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Replay Media Catcher 3.11 locks up my browsers

Default Re: Replay Meida Catcher locks up my browsers

I am looking to hear the work-around that was found. I am having the freezing problem with rmc where it will work fine for a little bit, then freeze everything.

I don't have any antivirus active on this computer. So it isn't the antivirus software.

Default RMC crashes Firefox and IE8 browser on Win 7 Pro 64bit - Re Post

I don't know who closed this thread in my last post. The problem is far from resolved... I have reposted it.

I have read through the posts and it seems that RMC has 2 distinct problems. RMC crashing OR the Browser Crashing whislt in RECORD mode.

In regards to the Browser Crashing problem the solution suggested by someone was downgrading from Flash Player 10 to 9 BUT this did not work for everyone. I suggest the issue is with RMC video stream interception method not being fully compatable with Win 7 64x and Flash 10 and not Specifically Adobe flash player 10.

I have WIndows 7 Pro 64bit plus IE8 (32bit) plus latest Firefox browsers. I installed and registered RMC 3.1.1.

•I run RMC and click on START RECORD
    •I open my browser (doesn't matter which one is opened).
    •I navigate to a page that has a flash player and start playing the video.
    •Within seconds the browser crashes and reports "Firefox has stopped working . A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solutions is available." (If I used IE8 then the same happens)
    •I click on close program

If I do not click on START RECORDING before opening the browser then the video plays back normally.

This happens with all video on different sites.

I have also disabled my internet/virus protection software but still crashes. I am also not running any of the programs listed in the forum that can cause problems with RMC.

Obviously the RMC intercept method is causing a browser crash but I wouldn't know how to fix this.

Any ideas?

And Hibernation is not the issue here either

As an aside ...

I have been waiting a few days for a response from tech support and have since discovered the freeware software *****. This works perfectly on my system with both browsers and the multi-download facility means the flv file is downloaded rapidly and even before the realtime video is still streaming. Great feature. I'm surprised a freeware program works so well and an expensive commercial program doesn't. From other posts here also other similar programs don't seem to be experiencing this problem either.

Default Re: RMC crashes Firefox and IE8 browser on Win 7 Pro 64bit - Re Post

Whilst Im in a moaning mood, I would just like to add to this thread, I am Using Vista x64 SP2 Fully Windows Updated, and IE8 with the latest RMC infact the whole suite. I have used RMC for quite some time now and it has randomly made IE8 crash and reload since I have had it, but I have just put up with YOUR bug. RMC could work absolutely fine one night but not on another, most of the time IE8 will just crash and reload and it might not be all tabs that crash it might just be one.. after RMC crashes IE8, 95% of the time IE8 will reload OK but....
    after IE8 crashes and when RMC is in record mode sometimes I can not browse anything on the internet, this is quite rare maybe twice a month, and to resolve this you can only reboot your PC, nothing else helps.
    IE8 NEVER crashes when I am not using RMC and ONLY crashes when I am using RMC, it doesn't matter if Record mode is on or not or even if a stream is recording, if I just have RMC open just sitting in the background I have seen IE8 crash

I have tried all the fixes in this thread but not managed to get anything to resolve this issue, I am an IT support person and DO have Sh** loads of software installed on my PC but that all works fine and non of the ones mentioned in the thread are installed.
    The Sites that I use with RMC are mainly Flash sites, so having Adobe Flash installed is a must!

I am not willing to rebuild my PC from scratch because I honeslty beleive this is an Applian problem not anyone elses. I have tried other browsers and exactly the same happens. I don't expect any one from applian to help because so far it's only been by luck people have fixed their own problems. I have renamed the FLVSrvc.exe because I hate this feature, there really should be a setting to turn this off in the software but thats a conversation for another thread.

When IE crashes I get the below event log which MS says is a problem with a plug-in, no sh**! it's RMC!!!

Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18904, time stamp 0x4b835fec, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x00000000, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00000000, process id 0x1650, application start time 0x01cb0297c998f7f7.

Any way Enough for now
    Chukkel

We are aware of the issues that some people are having. We have plans for a new Media Catcher that is much improved to be released this summer. I don't have a date for this. Thanks for your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    We are aware of the issues that some people are having. We have plans for a new Media Catcher that is much improved to be released this summer. I don't have a date for this. Thanks for your patience.

I haven't been able to use RMC for quite some time as well. Browsers freeze up, etc. Been waiting for your "new media catcher" release to fix this problem. - Summer is here. So where's the fix???
    My patience is running out. About ready to look for other software/company.

I also am having this problem. Using Vista Home, with Google Chrome as browser. Have followed other reports and tried what has been suggested. No difference.
    I am using the demo version of RMC and like it, but do not feel like paying for the upgraded version while this problem is there.

Wrusty Bartlett

I'm also having this problem and have been for AGES now!
    Very occaisonaly it will catch an odd 1 or 2 but then stops again, & goes to normal:
    preventing net access for email and browsers without restarting them.
    (I've tried firefox, opera, safari, even explorer!)

But it luckily it only causes crashes sometimes for me.
    I tried to find the previous version but I think I deleted it. agggghh!

Why can't applian just reissue the last working version till they eventually get round to 'fixing' this bug???

We hope to have our new version out and released within the next couple of weeks. Also, many people have found that a fresh reboot of the computer does correct this issue.

Hi..I was having the same problem and seemed to have straightened it out.

Irun IE8 on Vista 64 and use AVAST anti-virus. I tried disabling ALL the modules and got no help. I then DE-activated the software completely, and rebooted.

ON reboot my Media Catcher seems to be working without problem....

YAY