Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Replay Media Catcher 3.11 locks up my browsers

Quote Originally Posted by craep View Post
    It's doesn't help me with my problem to read over and over again that you don't have any problems.
    I did my best. I have a couple pf Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 and I can't replicate this.

I suppose that not every Flash Player 9 can help. If I recall correctly I used the version mentioned in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by craep View Post
    You look like a paid RMC fanboy to me.
    Whatever makes you happy .

Quote Originally Posted by AlanTAK69 View Post
    LOL on the proposed fixes, way to understand the problem..

Stays locked up even after closing both Firefox and RMC, until a reboot. Obvious likely candidate is RMC is locking whatever service it is using to tap into the stream. Closing both and stopping then restarting the service will likely fix it without a reboot, haven't ID'd the service yet though..

It's the internet, seeing the end of anything isn't guaranteed, even the end of the start. RMC has told the service to listen, it listens, sees the start of something and never sees the end of the start due to starting something else and never getting the completing data for the first start. Wait a few extra seconds and I can switch streams without a problem. Click another stream a second or two early before it finishes that initial info and it locks up tight.

Even if the fault of waiting forever is technically in the service, RMC is using that service and started it listening, so responsibility still lands squarely at RMC's feet to make sure it doesn't listen forever for something that isn't even coming and locking everything up. RMC is a data handling application, no amount of bad data or an unanticipated condition (like no end to the starting info) should ever allow it or anything it is using to enter a state that it won't come out of..

Likely some very thin coding somewhere, waiting forever for some end condition that isn't guaranteed to happen. Nothing is ever guaranteed to happen even if it almost always does, and nothing should ever be simply coded to wait endlessly for anything. But it's happening somewhere with RMC or something RMC is using.
    I know this is an older post but you hit the nail on the head. I gave up trying to figure out what service or process was getting pooched by RMC. It doesn't happen all the time only occasionally. Usually if Firefox crashes while I'm recording something. If anyone knows what process is being pooched it would be much appreciated. Then I could just restart the service without having to shut everything down and start it all up again.

Default Media Catcher 3.02 makes my Opera 10 sluggish

I'm also having this problem in v3.02. When I click on Start Recording, Opera 10 starts acting real sluggish. The only security program I have on my PC is Microsoft Security Essentials v1.0.1501.0.

Default Re: Media Catcher 3.01 locks up my browsers

Quote Originally Posted by swatter View Post
    I know this is an older post but you hit the nail on the head. I gave up trying to figure out what service or process was getting pooched by RMC. It doesn't happen all the time only occasionally. Usually if Firefox crashes while I'm recording something. If anyone knows what process is being pooched it would be much appreciated. Then I could just restart the service without having to shut everything down and start it all up again.
    Also have this problem. If my browser crashes (or rather, if RMC crashes my browser) while I am recording a stream it will lock up the internet. If I end-task my browser and restart it, it will work as long as I only load basic pages. If I load anything with a stream or start recording again it will lock up the browser. The only way to resolve the issue is to restart the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefff View Post
    Also have this problem. If my browser crashes (or rather, if RMC crashes my browser) while I am recording a stream it will lock up the internet. If I end-task my browser and restart it, it will work as long as I only load basic pages. If I load anything with a stream or start recording again it will lock up the browser. The only way to resolve the issue is to restart the computer.
    A quicker way to resolve the issue is to just log off and then log back on again. Still a huge pain in the A though. Everything has to be shut down and started up again and no one seems to know what process it is that's being killed. Be nice if we knew that at least and could restart the process without having to close down everything else we're working on.

I've just submitted a ticket to Applian on this issue, so I'll report back if they come up with something.
    Unlike many who've posted here, when I Start Recording with Media Catcher 3.02 it doesn't just slow the browser, it kills internet access dead. Same on all browsers tested, and it happens every time. Consequently I cannot use Media Catcher.

It stopped working months ago, but I didn't have time to explore. Not very encouraging that no definitive fix has appeared yet.

OK - this is the reply I got:

"If a reinstall doesn't help, this is usually the result of another program clashing with Media Catcher. Here is a list of things that we know can cause this problem:

Ad-Muncher
    LiveMesh
    CounterSpy
    SpySweeper
    ZoneAlarm
    CA Anti-Spyware Utility
    Comodo
    Vista Transformation Pack
    Net Nanny
    Threatfire
    Trusteer Rappoirt

If you have any of these or a similar app running on your computer, try shutting them down while Media Catcher is running. If it is not one of the known apps this can be difficult to pinpoint."

For me it was Threatfire that was causing the problem. It was not enough to exit the program - it had to be uninstalled. Everything was fine after that.

I also use Comodo firewall and still have it running, but this doesn't seem to cause any problems.

Hi all, I'm having some lock up problems with the trial version of RMC 3.02 and it was working fine up until yesterday.

So right now I'm running Vista 64bit, IE8, Flash 10 and AVG AV 8.5. The site i'm usually recording is a cam site.

So I can go to the site and view it fine, but the moment I fire up RMC, the stream stops and now I can't record anything at all.

Now, I have cleared my temp files and like I said, up until yesterday, it was working fine with the occasional not wanting to record and crashing.

I have not yet tried to do a reinstall yet and was hoping to find some help before I resorted to that.

Quote Originally Posted by rcheliguy View Post
    Hi all, I'm having some lock up problems with the trial version of RMC 3.02 and it was working fine up until yesterday.

So right now I'm running Vista 64bit, IE8, Flash 10 and AVG AV 8.5. The site i'm usually recording is a cam site.

So I can go to the site and view it fine, but the moment I fire up RMC, the stream stops and now I can't record anything at all.

Now, I have cleared my temp files and like I said, up until yesterday, it was working fine with the occasional not wanting to record and crashing.

I have not yet tried to do a reinstall yet and was hoping to find some help before I resorted to that.
    Try to use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer.

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    Try to use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer.
    I understand that you're trying to be helpful...but I've read this thread, some people are having trouble with all the browsers and I really would rather not use Firefox.

As I said, up until this week, it was working fine with IE8. So unless the site has somehow figured out a way to block RMC from recording streams, then the problem squarely lies with the RMC software.

This is the error that IE generates in the event log:

Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18813, time stamp 0x4a6621ae, faulting module gopher.dll, version 3.1.6.9, time stamp 0x49a61ab4, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00001543, process id 0x1194, application start time 0x01ca3bb82612aa7b.

So, seeing as how gopher.dll is part of RMC, something is wrong there and I would think Applian would like to try and get more information on solving this. We shouldn't have to jump through hoops and install other software to get theirs to work properly.