Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Replay Media Catcher 3.11 locks up my browsers

I'm having the same problem: once I start the Media Catcher program and run internet explorer, it slows to almost nothing. It worked fine when I first installed it.

I tried closing down ZoneAlarm: no effect
    Tried clearing Internet History, Temporary Internet Files...

Still nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Raptess View Post
    I have a similar problem.

Just started using Replay Media Catcher today and every time I have it running, it will crash IE after clicking on 2 or 3 different Video links.
    If I close RMC, I do not have any IE craches at all.

I have tried all the steps above and nothing fixes this issue.

Edit: I am using IE7 on Vista 64
    I am having the same problems and have tried the same things. Still not working.

Windows XP
    Explorer Version 7

Thumbs down

Has this problem been solved yet?

I am using Vista 64 with Internet Explorer 8, Firefox 3.5.2, Google Chrome 3.0.196.2 and Opera 10 and they ALL stop working when Replay Media Catcher is started.

It was working for a few days, now nothing I do will get it to work without making the web browsers freeze up. None of them will unfreeze unless I close everything down and then start the browser up again.

Please Applian can you investigate this issue? If you need me to run any tests or diagnostics to help you recreate or investigate this problem please let me know and I would be happy to assist.

Ash

RMC locks my browsers after some time of usage as well.

The time RMC was running and amounts of streams I'm catching is always different so it isn't really reproduceable. What's always the same is that RMC locks my browsers as soon as I click "Start recording". Once clicked my browers lock and I can only shut them down through the task manager. If I now reopen a browser it immediatly locks again but if I stopped recording before I open a browser they work fine. However, as soon as I click "Start recording" they lock again. The can only be solved through rebooting my system.

I tried everything described in this thread:
    I reinstalled RMC - didn't help
    I up- and downgraded Flash - didn't help
    I cleared browser caches, even the cache of Internet Explorer although I don't use it - didn't help
    I'm not using any of the programs Tasha Heinlein wrote on page 1
    I'm using Windows XP Home SP3 with the latest updates

While researching what the problem could be I came across one thing that might have something to do with it.
    When the whole "locks my browsers" thing happens, I close all programs and try to uninstall RMC the file Gopher.dll can't be deleted. I looked at it with Unlocker and there are about 10 programs/processes that still access the dll.
    Last edited by craep; 08-09-2009 at 10:07 PM.

does this only apply on IE? how about firefox? or safari?

Default Replay Media Catcher freezing my browsers (Solved)

Replay Media Catcher was freezing IE, Firefox and Opera for me, so I guess the same happens with all the browsers. I uninstalled Adobe Flash Player 10 and installed Adobe Flash Player 9. Everything started working much better.

Right now I have Flash Player 10 and freezing only happens when Replay Media Catcher or any of my browsers crashes. To avoid crashing just add applications that use internet to the exception list. I added utorrent, all my download managers and other stream recorders to the list so even when Replay Media Catcher tries to download something simultaneously with a download manages, nothing crashes.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by carlobee View Post
    does this only apply on IE? how about firefox? or safari?

Every browser if affected. I'm not using IE but I tested it with Firefox, Chrome and Safari. In fact, it affects all programs that are connected to the internet. Even Download Managers stop working or become really slow and unresponsive as soon as this happens and I press Start recording.

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    Replay Media Catcher was freezing IE, Firefox and Opera for me, so I guess the same happens with all the browsers. I uninstalled Adobe Flash Player 10 and installed Adobe Flash Player 9. Everything started working much better.

Right now I have Flash Player 10 and freezing only happens when Replay Media Catcher or any of my browsers crashes. To avoid crashing just add applications that use internet to the exception list. I added utorrent, all my download managers and other stream recorders to the list so even when Replay Media Catcher tries to download something simultaneously with a download manages, nothing crashes.

Hope this helps.
    As I wrote downgrading to version 9.x of flash didn't help. And since a new version of flash 10 came out while testing I also upgraded Flash but that didn't help either. It has nothing to do with browsers crashing first. They are working just fine until RMC goes ballistic. It's like I say, once this happens pressing "Start recording" causes the described problems which can only be solved through a reboot.

And btw, I counter-tested this with Jaksta's recorder thing and this one doesn't come with the same problem and does even work after RMC started to make problems (of course, only as long as I don't press "Start recording in RMC)

Quote Originally Posted by craep View Post
    As I wrote downgrading to version 9.x of flash didn't help. And since a new version of flash 10 came out while testing I also upgraded Flash but that didn't help either. It has nothing to do with browsers crashing first. They are working just fine until RMC goes ballistic. It's like I say, once this happens pressing "Start recording" causes the described problems which can only be solved through a reboot.
    As I stated above, I had the same problem and it was fixed with downgrading flash player to v 9.x.

But right now I don't have any problem using Flash Player 10.0.22.87 with Replay Media Catcher 3.0.2. I have all the latest updates of Windows XP including SP3, I updated Firefox to v.3.5, I.E. to v.8.0.6001, WinPCap to v4.0.2. I don't whether these updates can help you or not.

Quote Originally Posted by craep View Post
    And btw, I counter-tested this with Jaksta's recorder thing and this one doesn't come with the same problem and does even work after RMC started to make problems (of course, only as long as I don't press "Start recording in RMC)
    I like Jaksta, but if you read more about it, you will see that it is not ideal. For example, read the following:
    http://stream-recorder.com/forum/noo...her-t4508.html
    This is not the right place to discuss non applian products anyway.

1. All my applications, browsers and Windows XP itself are up-to-date.
    2. It's doesn't help me with my problem to read over and over again that you don't have any problems.
    3. I never said that I want to discuss Jaksta here and I don't care about some poll thread?!
    4. You look like a paid RMC fanboy to me.
    5. Is there anyone from Applian willing to help?