Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Replay Media Catcher 3.11 locks up my browsers

Default Re: Replay Meida Catcher locks up my browsers

Replay Media Catcher 4 has been released recently. You shouldn't have any freezing or crashing browsers when using it.

Except that I have had to go back to version 3.11 as:

1. 'Enable Super Download' as in 3.11 seems to have gone? v4 records in real time as opposed to really quickly in 3.11. (unless I have missed some tick box)

2. And a real retrograde step is the recording name of the programme. 3.11 picks up the name of the programme - so far v4 has not for me

I had to pay a small amount for the upgrade but I wont ask for a refund as yet in case they cure theyse issues in a later version.

Quote Originally Posted by myersph View Post
    Except that I have had to go back to version 3.11 as:

1. 'Enable Super Download' as in 3.11 seems to have gone? v4 records in real time as opposed to really quickly in 3.11. (unless I have missed some tick box)

2. And a real retrograde step is the recording name of the programme. 3.11 picks up the name of the programme - so far v4 has not for me

I had to pay a small amount for the upgrade but I wont ask for a refund as yet in case they cure theyse issues in a later version.
    Both features are back in RMC 4.0.6 beta.

Default Version 4 Update KILLED Me...

Really? I had Version 4.0.5 working until I let it try to update to 4.0.9. Process failed, giving a bad/missing file error. MC4 immediately no longer worked. Repair fails with same file error. Cannot UNINSTALL as a bad/missing file error pops up. Gave up and installed Version 3.11b. Now Media Catcher launches but will not record and will not let Firefox connect if starting Firefox with Media Catcher. If I open Firefox first, then 'Catcher, it sits there and will not allow downloading or navigation. I run avast! and ThreatFire - they were FINE before the "upgrade" - I initially had to fiddle with it but WAS able to download files - again, before the update attempt. I did the erase hibernation file deal and tried the stream dumper option. No improvement. Shut down ThreatFire and Avast! with no improvement. I REFUSE to UNINSTALL my antivirus/firewall - really? As a "fix"? Something is wrong with the UPDATE. I was fine until I used it. NOW I CANNOT EVEN UNINSTALL MEDIA CATCHER. Yay.

ADDING THIS: What initially happened after the update failed is that the PC (Vista) acts like Media Catcher isn't even installed. I just downloaded (again) the correct package (32bit) and TRIED to run it. It goes for a bit - I get past Agree to License, etc and the Progress Bar thing. It then Gives a Fatal Error with this message: "Replay Media Catcher 4 ERROR 1001: Exception occurred while initializing the installation: System.10.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or or assembly 'file///C:\Program Files\Applian Technologies\Replay Media Catcher 4\ainstaller.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."
    Last edited by DWNLDR; 09-03-2010 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Default Re: Version 4 Update KILLED Me...

The 4.0.6 beta version was a great improvement in many features but still not reliable enough to risk losing good old 3.11. If we now hear from DWNLDR that the newest 4.0.9 is even spoiling the 3.11 then I can assume many of us will wait in the wings until there is a 4.0.x that can work safely alongside 3.11. before we risk another fiasco.

My RMC 3.11 didn't crash in Windows 7 x64 SP1. I use the latest version of adobe flash player. Is anyone experiencing crashes in Windows 7 SP1?

XP, everything up to date. After the update, MC4 is totally crashing my entire system. Screen goes black, computer restarts. After one such event, my mouse/cursor was dead. I had to restart with the 'last known good configuration' thing to get things back up and running. This is beginning to shake my faith in your products...