Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Replay Media Catcher 3.11 locks up my browsers

Default Replay Media Catcher 3.11 locks up my browsers

Hi!

I am having a weird issue with the new version of Media Catcher. I launch the program, then I launch my browser(either Firefox or Explorer) and then try to go to my usual streaming sites. My browser(s) slow to a crawl when browsing between sites....almost like I am behind a really slow proxy server. Other times, I launch the program and make it to the streaming site and start a video, and then the browser slow to a crawl, or locks up tight. I end up having to use process manager to shut down the browser. The older versions of Media Catcher worked fine, and I was able to record lots of streams just fine. This happens when I go Veoh, most of the OVGuide.com streaming sites....I have yet to figure out what is going on. I am running XP with service pack 2 and have Comcast as my internet provider. Any ideas would be helpful.....I miss my recording options ...

Please delete the temporary Internet files in your Internet Explorer (Or Mozilla Firefox) and see if that corrects the issue. If you still have a problem, please let us know.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Unhappy

Thanks for the prompt reply. Cleared out the temp files in IE. I already had Firefox settings to clear temp files when I closed the browser. Slow browsing and occasional lock up still happening when running Media Catcher with either browser. I have tried starting Media Catcher at various times: Right before I enter a streaming site, before I launch the browser, right when I want to record...also tried turning "Record Now" on and off at various times to see if that might help the browsing issues. Still no dice. I have rebooted and relaunched just for fun. Not life or death I guess.....I will install the old version if I can't get this up and running. Thanks again for the ideas...

Default Jeff, I am having the same problem

I am using the trial version of replay catcher. I installed it two days ago and I used it for a few minutes and it worked fine. When I tried to use it today my IE slowed to an absolute crawl. I could barely bring up google.com much less other sites. I too have cleared my IE temporary files, history, everything but it hasn't helped. When I close IE and replay catcher and then reopen IE I am back to normal speed. The program looks awesome but if this is absolutely unacceptable. What gives?

As a follow-up to my previous post,

After opening IE from the replay catcher drop menu, IE is locking up. If I close replay catcher and leave IE open it continues to lock up. I agree it seems like I behind a series of proxy servers. As soon as I close the IE replay catcher opened and reopen IE on its own I am back to normal. I am running Vista. Thanks for the help

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Freqflyr View Post
    I am using the trial version of replay catcher. I installed it two days ago and I used it for a few minutes and it worked fine. When I tried to use it today my IE slowed to an absolute crawl. I could barely bring up google.com much less other sites. I too have cleared my IE temporary files, history, everything but it hasn't helped. When I close IE and replay catcher and then reopen IE I am back to normal speed. The program looks awesome but if this is absolutely unacceptable. What gives?
    Okay, there is a chance you have alot of startup applications set to start with windows which may be slowing your pc down and, causing issues. Try the following: Click on Start>Run then type msconfig.exe in the run box then, click on "Startup" Tab this is where you will see lots of apps to run with Windows Here is the key: uncheck unnecessary startups...you can safely uncheck them all however, what will occur is your AntiVirus will not load your auto protect feature. Just make sure if you see AVG, Symantec, Bitdefender don't uncheck those. Also, might help if you delete unnecessary content in the following folder location: "C:\Documents and Settings\%User Name%\Local Settings\Temp" delete every content on that folder.
    In order to access this folder you have to go to My Documents, then click on tools then, folder options click on View, click on Show hidden files and folders
    to be able to access that folder.

Freqflyr, if you continue to have problems please report back to continue trouble shooting.

Kind Regards.

Default Still locks up

It's strange other are having the same problem, yet emptying cache seems like it's always the answer.

Suddenly, Catcher is inoperable. Freezes everything including Windows Live Email.

Catcher is sucking resources and not letting go, shutting down.

Please fix Catcher. This is your problem, not my or other computers browsers.

I too had this problem today. I did a complete uninstall and reinstall and now it works fine. Be sure that gopher.dll is removed from the folder on reboot before reinstall.

This is usually the result of another program clashing with Media Catcher. Here is a list of things that we know can cause this problem:

Ad-Muncher
    LiveMesh
    CounterSpy
    SpySweeper
    ZoneAlarm
    CA Anti-Spyware Utility
    Comodo
    Vista Transformation Pack
    Net Nanny
    Threatfire
    Trusteer Rappoirt

PCTools
    Avast
    If you have any of these or a similar app running on your computer, try shutting them down while Media Catcher is running. If it is not one of the known apps this can be difficult to pinpoint.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

I have a similar problem.

Just started using Replay Media Catcher today and every time I have it running, it will crash IE after clicking on 2 or 3 different Video links.
    If I close RMC, I do not have any IE craches at all.

I have tried all the steps above and nothing fixes this issue.

Edit: I am using IE7 on Vista 64
    Last edited by Raptess; 10-19-2008 at 04:24 PM.