Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replay Media Catcher and Silverlight

Lightbulb Replay Media Catcher and Silverlight

Hi,

I love Replay Media Catcher! It is awesome! I am aware that RMC does not record Silverlight.

I can go into my browser's cache to get the copy of the Silverlight stream (it's saved as a Windows Media Video file) but an easier way to get such a file would be to use Replay Media Catcher.

I was wondering if there are any new updates on and if when RMC will be able to record Silverlight streams.

sfan

While I can't make any promises on this, i'll make sure the developer is aware of this request. In the meantime, check out Replay Video Capture, which records silverlight videos just fine. :-)
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks! That would be cool :-) I'll have a look at RVC.

Default RMC cannot do vids from Netflex?

Whoops, I just purchased with the assumption I could use RMC to capture streaming video from Netflex as well as hulu and other sites. Am I wrong or can Netflex vids be captured with RMC? I'm in my 30 day return period so maybe this is not the app for me.
    Thanks
    J

Media Catcher will not work with Netflix. Check out Replay Video Capture.
    Please submit a ticket to Customer Service if you would like a refund or exchange.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

Default Thanks Tasha, another question

Tasha, my slow internet connection does not allow for streaming so I purchased with the idea of being able to use my laptop at a friends place. However thus far I have not been able to get the laptop setup with her connection. Not sure that I would be comfortable using her PC but if I were to install RMC or RVC on her computer could I then transfer to the laptop? Also would I be able to use the program on my laptop when traveling if it is installed on the PC?

All in all I may have to get a refund and wait till I can solve my connection problem. It is the pits that there continues to be a large portion of the US that does not have access to broadband connection.

Technically, one needs a code for each computer. However, we understand that many users travel with laptops and/or have 2nd homes. Therefore, our pat answer is that the code is good for all your personal computers. We just ask that customers don't abuse the flexibility, and better yet, tell a friend about our cool products.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

Default Thanks Tasha

I definitely will tell others of your products. Interesting enough I learned of RMC on the AT&T air card forum when it was mentioned the program could be used when one was able to use a broadband connection other than the AT&T aircard connection which has a 5 gb limit.

I'm not ready to throw the towel in yet as I know it is a IP address issue that is stopping me from being able to use the broadband connection. I just have to figure it out.

Is there any word on the silverlight support? When i try to capture one, RMC recognizes and records it. However the created .ASF file seems to be corrupt all the time. I have tried RVC but i think the audio recorder is blocked in windows and yet to find any solution for that.

Default Re: Replay Media Catcher and Silverlight

Quote Originally Posted by sfan View Post
    I can go into my browser's cache to get the copy of the Silverlight stream (it's saved as a Windows Media Video file) but an easier way to get such a file would be to use Replay Media Catcher.
    Sfan, can you give me more detail about this? I can't seem to find the stream in my IE cache.