Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Blue Screen of Death after installing Replay Media Catcher 4.3.0

Default Re: Blue Screen of Death after installing Replay Media Catcher 4.3.0

Quote Originally Posted by kbachler View Post
    I have a brand new Lenovo X230 running Win 7 Professional 64 bit. After installing RMC I did not get a BSOD, but the computer would not reconnect to wireless networks on waking. Removing RMC using "Your Uninstaller" (which also removes registry entries, etc.) returned the functionality. There is no Oracle VirtualBox or other Oracle product installed that I know of. My Network drivers include - Shrew Soft Lightweight Filter (a VPN adapter), DNE Lightweight Filter, Virtual PC Network Filter Driver, QoS Packer Scheduler, File and Printer Sharing.

I'll also fill out a ticket.
    I have the exact same setup wit the same issues. Has this issue been resolved?

I also had this problem, and as it turned out, in my case it was an incompatibility between the network drivers for MediaCatcher and VirtualBox. If I disabled the network driver for one, the other would work fine, but with both enabled, BSOD. Hope this helps someone.

I think I have found a workaround for this:

Right-click on the network taskbar icon and bring up "Network and Sharing Centre". Click on your primary network connection (probably "Ethernet"). Click on "Properties".

As long as "VirtualBox Bridged Networking Driver" is above "Applian Network Driver" in the list, both can be simultaneously enabled without problems. If the Applian driver is first, the computer will crash unless one of the two is disabled.

As far as I can discover, the only way to reverse the order if the Applian driver is first is to make sure RMC is installed before VirtualBox. You can achieve this by un-installing VirtualBox, restarting the computer and then re-installing VirtualBox.

Not ideal, but does prove it is VirtualBox at fault not Applian, and enables both to be used at once.

Hope this is helpful!