Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blue Screen of Death after installing Replay Media Catcher 4.3.0

Default Re: Blue Screen of Death after installing Replay Media Catcher 4.3.0

does the Oracle VB also apply to winxp? because i get bsod if i use RMC for more than 10 min using an winxp machine. And i can't seem to find the virtual box in my network properties windows. if it's the same driver messing up my machine, where do i find it to shut it down?

thanks.

Hi Epic

Please submit a ticket to tech support - we will need the following information collected from your system:

1. Download the BSOD Dump & System File Collection utility from this link: <http://jcgriff2.com/0x2/Windows_NT6_BSOD_v3.03_jcgriff2_.exe>

2. Right mouse click the exe that you just downloaded and select "Run As Administrator"
    It may take up to 10 minutes to finish and will create a new folder in "My Documents" called: Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2

3. Once the utility has finished, click the Start button and type Command Prompt in the search field. This will open a Command Prompt window. At the Command Prompt, type perfmon /report . Type exactly as seen or paste it in. Making sure to include the space before the /. A report viewer will appear and begin to create a report. When it is finished, save the report with File > Save As as a html document.

4. Place the folder created in step 2 (Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2 located in My Documents) along with the html file created in step 3 into one zip file and attach it to this support ticket. If you don't know how to zip a folder - here's how: locate the folder that you want to zip, right click on the folder and select send to>compressed (zipped) folder. This will create a zip file of the same name. Don't forget to add your report (html file) from step 3 to the zip as well.

5. Please answer the following questions:

- Are you running 32 or 64 bit Windows?
    - Is this an original installation of Windows or has it been re-installed?
    - Is this an OEM or full retail version of Windows? OEM means that Windows came pre-installed when you bought your computer. Full Retail means that you purchased Windows and installed it.
    - What is the age of system (hardware)?
    - What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?)

Once we have received this report we'll examine the contents and get back to you as soon as possible. We appreciate the effort to collect the information required.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

I am having a blue screen issue on a new Windows 7 x64 build and have not installed Virtualbox on it. It ran for two days until I installed RMC 4.3.2. I'll use the information above to open a ticket and start a new forum thread if any forum interaction is needed/wanted, unless support wants me to continue here.
    Last edited by PNutts; 02-05-2012 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Version typo

Quote Originally Posted by PNutts View Post
    I am having a blue screen issue on a new Windows 7 x64 build and have not installed Virtualbox on it. It ran for two days until I installed RMC 4.3.2. I'll use the information above to open a ticket and start a new forum thread if any forum interaction is needed/wanted, unless support wants me to continue here.
    Please submit the ticket with the log file - there is no way to attach those files to this forum and we'd like to keep them private to protect your safety Thanks
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support

Really usefull thread. I'm also a virtual box user as a replay media catcher user (in fact jaksta user but these 2 applications seem to belong strongly). I had this problem of constant crashes when using virtualbox since I installed replay media catcher. Disabling applian network driver in my connection tab solved my problem.

Add me to the list. I had VirtualBox installed on my new Dell XPS, Win7/i7/12GB/2TB/64bit. Immediately after installing the latest Replay Suite my system BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH (BSOD) every time I rebooted, after about 5 minutes, even without running any apps.

I would like a short term workaround if possible. If I disable the Applian network driver will Applian products still work? If so, how do I disable it?

On the short term I am going to remove VirtualBox, but that is a major app and I really need both apps.

Quote Originally Posted by nogero View Post
    Add me to the list. I had VirtualBox installed on my new Dell XPS, Win7/i7/12GB/2TB/64bit. Immediately after installing the latest Replay Suite my system BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH (BSOD) every time I rebooted, after about 5 minutes, even without running any apps.

I would like a short term workaround if possible. If I disable the Applian network driver will Applian products still work? If so, how do I disable it?

On the short term I am going to remove VirtualBox, but that is a major app and I really need both apps.
    You can try running RMC INSIDE VB, other than that - contact VB and ask them to fix this issue
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support

I suffered through BSOD incidents when sleeping or hibernating my computer for nearly two years before finally tracking this culprit down to Applian. A full account of my experience is posted at "http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproperf/thread/f93ce928-ec63-4878-871b-10a64e6817be/?prof=required" posted under the heading "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f) - BSOD - Multiple offending drivers"

My computer never had Virtual Box installed. For me, the best solution was giving up on having Media Catcher on my notebook computer and moving it to a PC, where it works fine. For some reason, the network drivers that Applian installed on my HP Elitebook 8530w appears to have caused the BSOD issues. Once I uninstalled the hidden networking devices installed by Applian, the computer has gone through several sleep/wake cycles with no issues. Previously, it would BSOD every few times I'd put it to sleep. My resolution was as follows:

I uninstalled Applian Media Catcher, but hidden network devices remained (in device manager, on the view tab, select to view hidden devices, and Applian devices will show up). These could not be uninstalled by device manager, even as an administrator, but I found a procedure for editing the registry to remove the devices at http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1041235229 . This string recommended editing the registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contr ol\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11*CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}" by deleting all of the Applian devices in the registry key, I was able to uninstall them from windows device manager, which seemed to resolve the problems.

I did create a case with Applian for this issue and agreed to provide them with requested dump information, but the link that they sent for the dump file preparation didn't work.

I have a brand new Lenovo X230 running Win 7 Professional 64 bit. After installing RMC I did not get a BSOD, but the computer would not reconnect to wireless networks on waking. Removing RMC using "Your Uninstaller" (which also removes registry entries, etc.) returned the functionality. There is no Oracle VirtualBox or other Oracle product installed that I know of. My Network drivers include - Shrew Soft Lightweight Filter (a VPN adapter), DNE Lightweight Filter, Virtual PC Network Filter Driver, QoS Packer Scheduler, File and Printer Sharing.

I'll also fill out a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by kbachler View Post
    I have a brand new Lenovo X230 running Win 7 Professional 64 bit. After installing RMC I did not get a BSOD, but the computer would not reconnect to wireless networks on waking. Removing RMC using "Your Uninstaller" (which also removes registry entries, etc.) returned the functionality. There is no Oracle VirtualBox or other Oracle product installed that I know of. My Network drivers include - Shrew Soft Lightweight Filter (a VPN adapter), DNE Lightweight Filter, Virtual PC Network Filter Driver, QoS Packer Scheduler, File and Printer Sharing.

I'll also fill out a ticket.
    Ticket received and responded to - please make sure you answer all the questions and include the requested dump file

Thanks!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support