Thread: Smooth streaming capture with multiple languages

Default Smooth streaming capture with multiple languages

Hey,
    I`m using RMC 4.4 and trying to capture silverlight video delivered via smooth streaming ( eurosport player ).

Once i start to record, i load up the page, login, when stream starts RMC gets the manifest and starts to download the stream ( good ) at the same time RMC is also grabbing loads of mp4 chunks ( not so good, but i don`t really care since those are garbage without the ISMV file that i can`t get so .. ).

Since it is a live stream - i need to cancel the download to stop it ( it messes up a file a little bit - beeing only playable via VLC - but it plays ).
    So far so good, but here is when i face a problem - this stream have multiple audio channels in different languages.

Whatever i do on the player embedded in the website - RMC ignores it and catches only one audio channel from the beginning ( obviously - not the one i wanted )
    There is a setting to change quality of smooth streaming video in RMC - but there is no setting at all to choose the audio channell.

Is there any simple setting i can change or some hack`n`slash solution ( edit the xml manifest, etc ) so i can choose the channell i want to download or download all available ?
    Or maybe You can point me to the criteria based on which RMC chooses the audio channel ?

p.s. I can`t get You a url since it`s a payed, subscribed service so it won`t work that way

Default Re: Smooth streaming capture with multiple languages

Hi mizer, looks like this is a tough one. Any luck on a work around for this yet?

Default Re: Smooth streaming capture with multiple languages

Quote Originally Posted by mizer View Post
    Hey,
    I`m using RMC 4.4 and trying to capture silverlight video delivered via smooth streaming ( eurosport player ).

Once i start to record, i load up the page, login, when stream starts RMC gets the manifest and starts to download the stream ( good ) at the same time RMC is also grabbing loads of mp4 chunks ( not so good, but i don`t really care since those are garbage without the ISMV file that i can`t get so .. ).

Since it is a live stream - i need to cancel the download to stop it ( it messes up a file a little bit - beeing only playable via VLC - but it plays ).
    So far so good, but here is when i face a problem - this stream have multiple audio channels in different languages.

Whatever i do on the player embedded in the website - RMC ignores it and catches only one audio channel from the beginning ( obviously - not the one i wanted )
    There is a setting to change quality of smooth streaming video in RMC - but there is no setting at all to choose the audio channell.

Is there any simple setting i can change or some hack`n`slash solution ( edit the xml manifest, etc ) so i can choose the channell i want to download or download all available ?
    Or maybe You can point me to the criteria based on which RMC chooses the audio channel ?

p.s. I can`t get You a url since it`s a payed, subscribed service so it won`t work that way
    Specifically, Can you please provide me with the URL of the audio or video you're trying to record, so I can trouble shoot the issue?
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.