Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Screen of Death after installing Replay Media Catcher 4.3.0

Default Blue Screen of Death after installing Replay Media Catcher 4.3.0

On 8/12/2011 I upgraded to v 4.3.0. Since then I've experienced numerous BSODs.

I am running on Windows 7, SP1, 64bit. The machine is a Dell XPS 8300, on an i5-2400 with 8G RAM.

The problem may be related to the power state when the system goes to sleep; the bug check string = DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.

I uninstalled RMP last night. It's too soon to determine if this makes the problem go away.

I cannot say for certain if the problem was caused by RMP but it did install a device driver, appliand.sys, and I believe there is another one (I don't know its name.), and badly behaving drivers can cause BSODs.

I can upload a miniDump if that will help determine if the driver is the problem.

Default Re: Blue Screen of Death after installing Replay Media Catcher 4.3.0

I have the same issue -- just got it for my birthday and only having it on my Asus N53JF-XE1. My server (thats just running win 7 ultimate) doesnt have this issue. i think its related to the NDIS driver but i cant remmeber why I think that.

can we get some help?

On 9/18/2011, I upgraded to Replay Capture Suite. After installation, I discovered that every time I put my system to sleep, the computer would power down. I discovered I had the "Blue Screen of Death". I restored my system to a couple of days earlier which deinstalled all of the modules in the Replay Capture Suite. After this action was taken, the problem went away.

I am running Windows 7 Home premium, SP 1, on a 64 bit Hewlet Packard computer (HPE-590t). I have a 3.33ghz intel i7 cpu, 12 gb memory, two internal 1tb hard drives running raid 0 and an external 2tb hard drive.

Today, I reinstalled Replay Capture Suite and will be monitoring my computer to see if it shuts down after being put to sleep.

Prior to installing Replay Capture Suite, I installed FreeCorder..........I deleted it from my browser when my system experienced numerous hangs requiring rebooting the computer. So far, anything I've touched from Applian has caused me problems. In the event I get another BSOD, I'm pulling the plug on Applian and getting my money back.

Update on today's prior post...........After reinstalling Replay Capture Suite, I attempted to put my computer to sleep without problems. I clicked on the sleep button and the screen went blank giving the appearance that the computer was asleep. However, the computer never went to sleep and remained on. After some period of time, the computer shut down. After powering the computer up, I received another message indicating that I had the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) once again. I did another recovery to an earlier date, Replay Capture Suite was removed and my computer now goes to sleep properly. I haven't heard back from tech support as yet so I plan to place my credit card payment on hold and request that I receive a refund.

Hi Guys

We're looking into this now with the software driver programmer. Thanks for hanging in there
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Exclamation Re: Blue Screen of Death after installing Replay Media Catcher 4.3.0

Same thing here as well. Not only for v4.3.0 but even for the older versions as well. I am currently Running Windows 7 SP1 x64 and I tried to install the older version but they all ended up with the same "Blue Screen of Death" (BSOD). The BSOD doesn't happen right away, it occurs on the Next Reboot and as soon as Windows 7 starts detecting for Network Connection, the BSOD occurs(so, its some problem with Network Driver).

After some checking I removed Applian Technologies from the Trusted Center(Just open any MS Office Program --> File --> Options --> Trust Center --> Trusted Publisher --> Remove Applian

Next, I reinstalled Replay Media Catcher 4.3.0 again and this time when it asked me for NDIS5 Driver installation, I didn't accept it. The setup didn't complete successfully, but Replay Media Catcher was installed. I rebooted the system and this time the BSOD didn't occur and when I ran Replay Media Catcher(RMC), it worked fine, but the Recording Process was unable to start as the appliand driver was missing.

So, the problem for this BSOD is the NDIS5 Driver Installation...

My Question is...is NDIS5 Necessary?? I think NDIS6.2 is the latest version available, isn't it? :s anyway, I hope this info helps the Dev Team in rectifying the problem.

P.S. Please rectify it asap..we are missing this awesome application because of this bug and I hope the Applian Staff respond to this reply and keep us posted on any development and any other backdoors to avoid this problem.

~ Archlord
    Last edited by Archlord; 09-21-2011 at 08:25 PM. Reason: PS

Update on prior post...........I finally was finally contacted by tech support requesting further information regarding this problem. I was sorry to inform them that I canceled my purchase of Replay Capture Suite and had already received confirmation from customer service that I would receive a credit for the original purchase price. Bottom line was that I didn't have the time to be a beta test site for a product that should have worked in the first place. It's unfortunate that the BSOD problem exists in certain environments because I really liked the product for the short time I used it.

If you're having BSOD issues with RMC, please READ BELOW and then Contact Applian Technical Support with the below information for assistance.

A BSOD is rarely related to our applications but in order to determine if there is an incompatibility with some other software or driver on your machine, we will need the following information collected from your system:

1. Download the BSOD Dump & System File Collection utility from this link: http://jcgriff2.com/0x2/Windows_NT6_..._jcgriff2_.exe

2. Right mouse click the exe that you just downloaded and select "Run As Administrator"
    It may take up to 10 minutes to finish and will create a new folder in "My Documents" called: Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2

3. Once the utility has finished, click the Start button and type Command Prompt in the search field. This will open a Command Prompt window. At the Command Prompt, type perfmon /report . Type exactly as seen or paste it in. Making sure to include the space before the /. A report viewer will appear and begin to create a report. When it is finished, save the report with File > Save As as a html document.

4. Place the folder created in step 2 (Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2 located in My Documents) along with the html file created in step 3 into one zip file and attach it to this support ticket. If you don't know how to zip a folder - here's how: locate the folder that you want to zip, right click on the folder and select send to>compressed (zipped) folder. This will create a zip file of the same name. Don't forget to add your report (html file) from step 3 to the zip as well.

5. Please answer the following questions:

- Are you running 32 or 64 bit Windows?
    - Is this an original installation of Windows or has it been re-installed?
    - Is this an OEM or full retail version of Windows? OEM means that Windows came pre-installed when you bought your computer. Full Retail means that you purchased Windows and installed it.
    - What is the age of system (hardware)?
    - What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?)

Once we have received this report we'll examine the contents and get back to you as soon as possible. We appreciate the effort to collect the information required.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support

I confirm that:

The BSOD doesn't happen right away, it occurs on the Next Reboot and as soon as Windows 7 starts detecting for Network Connection, the BSOD occurs(so, its some problem with Network Driver).
    It's definitely network related and he's right -- it occurs on the next reboot. I have replay media catcher 4.3.0 on two systems and one is fine -- its a driver incompatability issue I'd guess with the (forced) version of NDIS.

I updated drivers for wireless/wired via Atheros website (For both cards) and the problem still exist. I can confirm this happened on earlier versions as well. I should probably create a support ticket but I'm very busy. I'll wait and see if this gets solved my someone else and if I'm still not seeing any progress, I'll submit my dump, etc.

Initial answers to your questions since we're already deep in this:

- Are you running 32 or 64 bit Windows? -- 64 bit
    - Is this an original installation of Windows or has it been re-installed? -- original
    - Is this an OEM or full retail version of Windows? OEM means that Windows came pre-installed when you bought your computer. Full Retail means that you purchased Windows and installed it. -- retail
    - What is the age of system (hardware)? -- March 2011 build
    - What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) -- less than 2 months. reinstalled OS originally thinking maybe it was something related but its not.

Thank you.

Hey Guys

Please submit a ticket with this information. It won't help us without the dump file we're requesting. Thanks!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support