Thread: XMTuner Not Working Again?

Default XMTuner Not Working Again?

Is anyone else having issues recording with XMTuner? Another XMTuner user and I are experiencing identical issues today. XMTuner starts fine, no trouble populating the legacy streams and starting a channel, but after 2 or 3 minutes, XMTuner times out. Not an issue with the internet connection and a direct connection to the SiriusXm Player plays fine. So, I wonder if SiriusXM is starting to play around with the legacy streams again.

Default Re: XMTuner Not Working Again?

It is working for me right now. It could be that they were overloaded and the server on that end was acting up. Just a suggestion.

Problem is still happening to me. I start XMTuner up, get the URL and open AV to set up recording. Recording starts fine, but at about 2min 45 sec or so, XMTuner just drops the connection. Log says "XM Finished".

Are you, or is anyone else out there, actually able to record a channel on AV from XMTuner for more than 3 or 4 minutes? I am running Windows 7, 64 bit. So, this may be an issue that is due to Windows.

Just tried to record through AV using Sirius/XM Streamer. The exact same thing is happening. Connection to Sirius/XM drops after a couple of minutes. This occurs whether I am recording or not.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneL View Post
    Just tried to record through AV using Sirius/XM Streamer. The exact same thing is happening. Connection to Sirius/XM drops after a couple of minutes. This occurs whether I am recording or not.
    I've had no issues this week; have recordings from the legacy streams through XM Tuner for three hours from 7:56a to 11:03a EDT from 10/10-10/14 inclusive, and one-hour recordings from 2:57p-4:03p EDT 10/10-10/13 inclusive with no issues (other than the occasional snap, pop, or crackle so annoyingly frequent in the legacy streams).

Can't speak to the flash-based streams, I avoid them whenever possible. But if you're seeing the issues on both the legacy and the flash streams, there may be an issue with your provider (although they should route differently, could still be routing issues).
    Last edited by CharlieSummers; 10-14-2011 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Added additional information.

[Can't speak to the flash-based streams, I avoid them whenever possible. But if you're seeing the issues on both the legacy and the flash streams, there may be an issue with your provider (although they should route differently, could still be routing issues).[/QUOTE]

I think you called it, Charlie. I normally use my high-speed cable service, but I do have a back-up DSL connection with another provider. I just tried the back-up and XMTuner works fine with the DSL connection. So, I guess this is a Comcast routing issue. I can't imagine it is going to be easy to get someone in the call center to understand, much less deal with the problem.....sigh. But I do appreciate your taking the time to respond. Also, thanks to Cheryl.