Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Working on an XM solution - Anyone wanna help test it

Default Re: Working on an XM solution - Anyone wanna help test it

Overnight on 8/23
    Machine #2 with IE 9 yielded a 2 hour 33 minute recording, out of a scheduled 4 hours.

Daytime on 8/23
    Machine #2 with IE 9 yielded a 2 hour 34 minute recording, out of a scheduled 4 hours.

Weird. I dont get it. I'll keep testing here and there. Thank you again Kurto.

Second Jay Thomas recording initially failed - ID and PW didn't go through. The "click OK to stop the timer" or whatever message was still up. I clicked OK, and the browser closed.

I went back into the xm.exe application, changed the start time for one minute in the future (to just restart), waited, and it worked. Not sure why the ID/PW failed the first time.

Try #3 later today.

Try #3 started OK but timed out after some period of time.

One thing I was thinking about: does xm.exe have to have focus to be able to send the keepalives? I think I may have given focus to the browser to turn the volume up on the player. If that's the case, I probably didn't give focus back to xm.exe.

Try #4 will be next Monday.

My last two daytime recording attempts were completely unsuccessful. As far as I can tell the script did not even start.

An overnight recording on 8/26 quit after 1 hour 34 minutes.

I'm curious if the brass at Applian have inquired about purchasing the script from Kurto and incorporating it into their own code for a future release.

the window shouldn't have to be active as I use a command to activate the Sirius XM IE browser window before sending the key strokes to keep alive. The problme I have been having is for some reason nothing seems to be recording...I appear to be lauching the browser and starting replay av but I will have to work on this some more.....I was out of town last week so didn't get a chance to play with it.

Thank you for writing this script. It's working perfectly on IE9, however, my work horse Replay A/V runs on XP and IE8 and nine times out of ten, I'm off a tab. My password gets entered in the Username field. I tried all sorts of Toolbar combinations but cannot get the script to consistently log in successfully. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I've been getting pretty good results lately. The biggest issue I'm seeing is that in IE 9, there is a pop-up (or something) about finding plug-ins that is interfering with the script. It only happens once a day (or after reboot).

As long as I make sure to start IE9 at least once before recording, the app has been pretty good.